What have you done to your bike today....

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Another wonderful blast up to town today in the fresh spring weather(y)

And this month is the Thruxton’s 5th birthday and the third winter under my ownership and I have to say I am impressed with the fit and finish on this Triumph, apart from some corrosion marks on the engine covers which are mainly my fault for living by the sea and not treating against the salt air when I first got her, the paint, chrome, frame, etc are all in very good condition for a bike made in Thailand, kept under a rain cover outside for 3 years and is 5 years old with 27,443 miles on the clock:)

Well done Triumph:)

E0F4312B-2FC9-4056-9C15-CD4E0105C518.jpeg

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Another wonderful blast up to town today in the fresh spring weather(y)

And this month is the Thruxton’s 5th birthday and the third winter under my ownership and I have to say I am impressed with the fit and finish on this Triumph, apart from some corrosion marks on the engine covers which are mainly my fault for living by the sea and not treating against the salt air when I first got her, the paint, chrome, frame, etc are all in very good condition for a bike made in Thailand, kept under a rain cover outside for 3 years and is 5 years old with 27,443 miles on the clock:)

Well done Triumph:)

View attachment 15813
Nice ride. I hope you are going to chain it up...................

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
My Britt Bonnie is feckin' loud when she's on the gas but nice and sweet and quiet when she's just idling. My MOT examiner didn't even hear her running until he'd issued her a new ticket then I started her up and blipped the throttle while he had his back to me and he spun round at the roar then shook his head and walked off to his office. 😁

Like @Old Nick and his Thruxton I have to say that I am very impressed with build quality of the early 00's Bonnies. Twenty one years old and I have had them out in the winter salt and rain and not even cleaned them afterwards sometimes and there are very, very few signs of rust or corrosion anywhere. I am particularly happy that the forks don't have a single pit or bubble on them which was always a problem with my Jap bikes even though they were less than half the age of my Bonnie's when I owned them.