What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I just had a brainwave.. ( I know who would have thought it )...
My old wiring ST harness may still be around...I could strip the wiring off that to provide a donor section from the relay to the pump using the connector off that...

Problem is I'm having a crap , packed up for the night and my rubber ducks are waiting for me to jump in the bath ( yes we now have running water again after nine days without. )20210215_165956.jpg

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I just had a brainwave.. ( I know who would have thought it )...
My old wiring ST harness may still be around...I could strip the wiring off that to provide a donor section from the relay to the pump using the connector off that...

Problem is I'm having a crap , packed up for the night and my rubber ducks are waiting for me to jump in the bath ( yes we now have running water again after nine days without. )View attachment 3656
Nowhere near enough ducks there mate, there is plenty of space for more. Not on this forum though, just on your bath!!

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
@BAD LUCK DUCK The Lav is where most inspired thoughts are revealed, now be positive and tomorrow you will have this beaten,....we hope
I hope so Don...Thanks for all the help and pointers...Really appreciated mate and that earlier post of yours with electrical diagrams and part numbers is priceless...
I want to try and do a print out of that to bang in my manual...

Honestly mate thanks very much for the moral support encouragement and everything 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
So today I removed the tank pad (with the logo) and it came off far too easily (cheap crap). Then I cleaned the tank, warmed it a little with a hair dryer, and applied a new pad.

It stuck really well, with no air bubbles, and looks satisfactory from a distance

IMG_20210215_172545459.jpg

But close up its shite, what looks to me like the adhesive is not even across the surface, I'm pretty sure its not tiny bubbles of trapped air, I was meticulous applying it. I remembered afterwards that I brought the exact same Puig tank pad for my Street Triple some time ago and had exactly the same problem... annoying :mad:

IMG_20210215_172619998.jpg

Fortunately I've two more arriving soon (thin vinyl type), so if the mess above doesn't magically sort itself out, it will be off with tank pad number 2 :rolleyes: and hopefully third time lucky 🤞

Cheered myself up by removing the covers and saying hello to all my babies... roll on the weekend, please weather gods be kind :)

IMG_20210215_180942726.jpg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I'm sure that, if you brake hard and repeatedly you will flatten the adhesive out with yer nuts 😁

Pal of mine crashed his Exup back in the nineties and left an indent of his nuts on the tank! Photo's were taken in hospital to preserve the image of his swollen rugby ball sized purple nutsack for posterity as was a photo of the dent in the end of the tank. Unfortunately I have no idea what I have done with the photos. Suffice to say that me old mucker Boab never sired kiddiewinks.

chas

Legendary Knight
So today I removed the tank pad (with the logo) and it came off far too easily (cheap crap). Then I cleaned the tank, warmed it a little with a hair dryer, and applied a new pad.

It stuck really well, with no air bubbles, and looks satisfactory from a distance

View attachment 3657

But close up its shite, what looks to me like the adhesive is not even across the surface, I'm pretty sure its not tiny bubbles of trapped air, I was meticulous applying it. I remembered afterwards that I brought the exact same Puig tank pad for my Street Triple some time ago and had exactly the same problem... annoying :mad:

View attachment 3660

Fortunately I've two more arriving soon (thin vinyl type), so if the mess above doesn't magically sort itself out, it will be off with tank pad number 2 :rolleyes: and hopefully third time lucky 🤞

Cheered myself up by removing the covers and saying hello to all my babies... roll on the weekend, please weather gods be kind :)

View attachment 3661
I'd leave the pad on for a week. The bubbles may settle out as most pvc is porous. 50/50 chance. They do look like air between the transfer (adhesive) tape and the pad rather than between the tape and the paint. #doommonger ;)

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck