What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
OK my brainwave on the Kazi as proven to be no good...However I recall one of you suggested running a couple of wires directly from the relay...Im currently trying to locate that post...
If any of you remember posting this and could point me in the right direction it would be of great help as I'm currently fucked and need the bikevfor work tomorrow or the wife will be twisting my arm to take a bank loan I can't afford...

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Found it..Thanks @smib
87 and 30 on relay base...if I bang a switch along the line somewhere could I just switch the pump on and off whenever I use the bike or would that just cause the pump to be running continuously and build up fuel pressure and I explode in a big ball of flames...🙄

smib

Legendary Knight
Found it..Thanks @smib
87 and 30 on relay base...if I bang a switch along the line somewhere could I just switch the pump on and off whenever I use the bike or would that just cause the pump to be running continuously and build up fuel pressure and I explode in a big ball of flames...🙄
Yep, that would cause the pump to run continuously, not sure of the implications fire wise and pressure, could cause extended wear and tear on the pump though?

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Fuel injection has a return line to the tank for excess pressure/unused fuel. Just make sure your wires are thick enough so they don’t overheat and ignite you!!
Your relay is little more than an electrically actuated switch. Use a small current to switch over to a bigger draw.
Sounds like a plan and a way forward...Will pinch two wire's off the old harness...

( Use a small current to switch over to a bigger draw )....
Could you explain this and how you would do that as if your explaining it to someone that ain't got a clue about anything that you are on about...🤣

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Sounds like a plan and a way forward...Will pinch two wire's off the old harness...

( Use a small current to switch over to a bigger draw )....
Could you explain this and how you would do that as if your explaining it to someone that ain't got a clue about anything that you are on about...🤣
That is what your relay does. You would be replacing the small current with a manual circuit breaker.
You know those yes/no logic flow charts? You have a few too many ‘no’ goes!
6BC21EEF-3B30-4625-9C70-05BB51AA9AE9.jpeg

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Duck you need to make sure that the battery is well charged as the system will require the given voltage to operate, re-read all what has been given to you while it's charging and and prepare a plan to do the work

The plan is beginning to look like extend my bank loan and get another bike and a very cheap motor for the winter...How the hell I'm supposed to be able to afford this I don't know...
My bike would then be sorned and become more of a project that I can then strip right down if necessary with no pressure to botch my way through it as fast as is necessary to be able to use the bike for work...
I'm not sure financially it's a good idea with the current work situation and my mental health going down the pan...
Another post for another thread I think..have we got a bullshit thread that no one is interested in so I can go blah blah blah all day long without bothering anyone too much 😳😂😡🤬😁🤢🤮🤯

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
The plan is beginning to look like extend my bank loan and get another bike and a very cheap motor for the winter...How the hell I'm supposed to be able to afford this I don't know...
My bike would then be sorned and become more of a project that I can then strip right down if necessary with no pressure to botch my way through it as fast as is necessary to be able to use the bike for work...
I'm not sure financially it's a good idea with the current work situation and my mental health going down the pan...
Another post for another thread I think..have we got a bullshit thread that no one is interested in so I can go blah blah blah all day long without bothering anyone too much 😳😂😡🤬😁🤢🤮🤯
If you don't want the whole world to be able to see a post like you've mentioned, stick it in the "Not for public consumption" section mate.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Duck, that first picture with the relay you really need to clean things up, if that is road salt then that's conductive in itself and causes all manner of problems "clean things up" and start to work through and you will get there, as @smib says if it was not for this shit off a lockdown help would have turned up in person

smib

Legendary Knight
Duck, that first picture with the relay you really need to clean things up, if that is road salt then that's conductive in itself and causes all manner of problems "clean things up" and start to work through and you will get there, as @smib says if it was not for this shit off a lockdown help would have turned up in person
Road salt causes Verdigris on copper contacts.
Verdigris causes HR (high assistance).
HR gives the inability of copper contacts to carry current, which in turn stops things working, and throws up all manner of errors in modern CanBus automotive circuitry.

Verdigis (the green powdery stuff) on contacts, can be removed with a contact cleaner and a stiff toothbrush.
Screwfix do this https://www.screwfix.com/p/wd-40-sp...ikH9UtQ-o3wgP80HOW8aAm5-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds which is not bad.

I have always used this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hosa-Deoxi...t=&hvlocphy=1006858&hvtargid=pla-382003658380 but is horrendously expensive!

I had a warning come up on my German CanBus enabled car, sidelight bulb out of order? Changed bulb same warning.
Squirt of De-Oxit, problem solved :geek:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
@BAD LUCK DUCK Afraid I have kept quiet up 'til now as I don't like offering advice from a distance when I can't get 'hands-on' with the problem and any advice can be lost or become confused when passing over the internet. I fee that it might be an idea to point out something though that might be worth looking into.

Before your bike went dead you had been re-jigging your wiring loom around the front end of your bike at a time when the weather was, shall we say, rather inclement. I wonder if it may be that you are looking in the wrong place on your bike for the problem and, just perhaps, the problem lies in one of the connections around the front end of the bike? It is entirely possible that a solder joint or connection that was just holding together could break due to water freezing, expanding and breaking the connection. The first rule of trying to solve a problem is to thoroughly examine events prior to the problem to see if there is a connection (cause and effect) between them and the problem even if it seems to be in an entirely different area.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Believe it or not it all looked a lot worse than that...That as been sprayed with so much electric contact cleaner and scrubbed with a toothbrush you wouldn't believe and it's still a bit cruddy...