What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went for a nice ride on the Monster this morning 😁, quite a few bikes out, and loads of cyclists. Car parks of popular locations, like Pitsford Reservoir, and Brampton Valley Way were full... lockdown, what lockdown? 😕

Came upon a tractor and trailer on the way home and got covered in some kind of crap, all over my jacket, trousers and bike 🤬, so then spent this afternoon cleaning the bike :)

Last edited:

chas

Legendary Knight
I was just going to do a onceover of tyres and fluids but then got distracted by a thing that's annoyed me since I bought the bike. Renthall bars and grips fitted but the renthall grips don't fit the twistgrip tube as there are the ridges on the neck. Meant that the grip sat 1/8" to the side and the ridges were visible. Also the renthalls have the bend in a place that means the brake can't sit quite right so ended up modifying/butchering the twistgrip tube to fit the grip and shuffling everything down the bar by 3/8". Sits nicely now and a job that I couldn't have been arsed with once it's in daily use.
I didn't take pics because A) CBA and B) nobody would give a shit if I did ;)

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I was just going to do a onceover of tyres and fluids but then got distracted by a thing that's annoyed me since I bought the bike. Renthall bars and grips fitted but the renthall grips don't fit the twistgrip tube as there are the ridges on the neck. Meant that the grip sat 1/8" to the side and the ridges were visible. Also the renthalls have the bend in a place that means the brake can't sit quite right so ended up modifying/butchering the twistgrip tube to fit the grip and shuffling everything down the bar by 3/8". Sits nicely now and a job that I couldn't have been arsed with once it's in daily use.
I didn't take pics because A) CBA and B) nobody would give a shit if I did ;)
I would..I wanna see the pics...
Mind you, had to fit in rodding the fucking drains alongside that.

Flushable wipes? No they are fucking not. There were some stern words Chez Moi.
But I don't wanna see those pics..

chas

Legendary Knight
I would..I wanna see the pics...

But I don't wanna see those pics..
I get funny about odd detail stuff, each to their own etc, Scrappy's tank pad misery wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest but *my* bike can have the tiniest thing that jars 'to just me' and it will cause me extreme misery.

I'm a funny bugger when it comes to bikes. Any advice/recco *I* give has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

But I think we can all agree crashbars are extreme wanky though, No?

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Started to convert the Tiger Cub from 6 volt to 12v , far too gremlins in the original 6v system so bought the full kit from Boyer bransden , twat of a job getting the old rotor off , then 2 hours into the job i remembered i bought a rechargeable impact drill about 2 years ago ( nob ) first go span the nut off like a dream !! Feckin great when you start gettin forgetful aint it !! Be prepared for a lot of brain picking folks as i am baffoon when it come to elasticktrickery

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well, due to multiple landslides at the Rest and Be Thankful overnight both the main road and the Old Military Road diversion are shut my options for a ride are halved and it is gloomy, dull and looks like it will rain again after all so I think I won't be going out today. At a recent meeting an engineer for the roads said that there is an estimated hundred thousand tonnes or more of the mountainside above the Rest that is unstable and moving. There has been a hundred million quid spent on trying to fix that road now and yet it is has only ever gotten worse. Last year the engineer said approximately twenty thousand tonnes came down on the road which was more than came down in the previous ten years altogether. The situation with that road is a farce and a disgrace rolled into one.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
My personal opinion is what it has always needed is an entirely new road built on the opposite side of Glen Croe that had originally been proposed more than ten years ago at an estimated cost of a hundred million but they opted for remedial work on the existing road at an estimated cost of around seventeen million. Of course it has now cost as much as building a new road would have and, if anything is not only worse but has also made an absolute mess of the mountainside and the cost of an alternative road is now estimated at about two hundred and fifty million. Somehow I doubt there will be money for that in Sturgeon's independent Scotland.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Been in the garage all day fettling & making new lower fairing mounts, now all bodywork back on & she’s ready to go. Started first push of the starter, not bad after being idle since last race in September.
Have a look at the stuff on the bench getting the V Twin treatment when I blip the throttle! 😂