What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
Sorted the throttle cable on the Daytona. Next job will be replace clutch cable.

Also left new bar end weight with neighbour to be machined to fit and take the brake guard I've got due to new track day regs.

Defo back together Easter I reckon.

DS
Take care with the pattern ones, (clutch cable). I replaced mine with a less than a tenner job and it doesn't really fit. I made it work as I'm ok with rerouting cables but the thing is dogshit. Due to my complaining nature I also have a spare dogshit, barely fit for purpose cable that you're welcome to. It's in my 'get out of jail' box at pres. You're welcome to it a t postage price but I'd recommend dropping the twenty odd on a decent one, even for a track bike.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well I like it...
You got little round mirrors like me.....
Now you also said something about renthall handle bars...Did you fit that yourself and did you raise them..How did you go about getting cables and such to fit if you did???

You see now why your photos are actually really helpful in showing what can be done...😀😀😀

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well, due to multiple landslides at the Rest and Be Thankful overnight both the main road and the Old Military Road diversion are shut my options for a ride are halved and it is gloomy, dull and looks like it will rain again after all so I think I won't be going out today. At a recent meeting an engineer for the roads said that there is an estimated hundred thousand tonnes or more of the mountainside above the Rest that is unstable and moving. There has been a hundred million quid spent on trying to fix that road now and yet it is has only ever gotten worse. Last year the engineer said approximately twenty thousand tonnes came down on the road which was more than came down in the previous ten years altogether. The situation with that road is a farce and a disgrace rolled into one.
Build a bridge over it...Or a tunnel under it so the landslide can't get it...Or just build a road a bit to the left or preferably off to the far right depending on which way your facing so it avoids the landslide....
You can see why people in power hate me when I come up with options to solve a problem... im fucking brilliant I am 😇😇😇

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
My personal opinion is what it has always needed is an entirely new road built on the opposite side of Glen Croe that had originally been proposed more than ten years ago at an estimated cost of a hundred million but they opted for remedial work on the existing road at an estimated cost of around seventeen million. Of course it has now cost as much as building a new road would have and, if anything is not only worse but has also made an absolute mess of the mountainside and the cost of an alternative road is now estimated at about two hundred and fifty million. Somehow I doubt there will be money for that in Sturgeon's independent Scotland.
I just said something like that as well...😠

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I have to admit that I find most Yamaha's I have ever had a ride on kind of 'sterile' including the R1. They do what they do exceptionally well but they still seem to be bland and lacking in flair and character at the same time. Honda are sort of ultra reliable, very solid and do what they do with some flair and flash but are still a bit 'safe' while they do it where Suzuki's and Kawasaki's are the 'nutjobs' of the motorcycle world.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I have to admit that I find most Yamaha's I have ever had a ride on kind of 'sterile' including the R1. They do what they do exceptionally well but they still seem to be bland and lacking in flair and character at the same time. Honda are sort of ultra reliable, very solid and do what they do with some flair and flash but are still a bit 'safe' while they do it where Suzuki's and Kawasaki's are the 'nutjobs' of the motorcycle world.
I wanna bike that says nut job😁

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Not exactly done TO the bike but the Tiger Sport got its first proper airing in months with a 120 mile round trip to drop off ‘stuff’ in Fife. With dry, bright clear weather albeit patchy roads, I took a slightly circuitous route via The Lang Whang. The Lang Whang is the old A70 road that dips, dives and meanders from Lanark to Edinburgh on the NW side of the Pentlands. A ‘whang’ in Scots English is a thin strip of leather such as you might cut for a bootlace.
....whatever it is a great road on a bike and seldom sees too much traffic outside the tourist season.
Suffice to say I feel re-tuned. The bike just makes me grin.

smib

Legendary Knight
Had to take the Himmy out, to get some sunlight vit D, and put some "essential" running in miles on the engine.
Went to Port Issac. The village is used in the Doc Martin series!IMG_20210222_145613[1].jpgIMG_20210222_145634[1].jpg

Completely deserted..... Not a single "Grockle" to be seen!

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I took a wee trip to Inveraray on my Blue Bonnie. Nice, fresh and crisp air with hardly any traffic though there were a handful of other bikers and I had a bit of a blether with a fellow from Erskine (with a Manchester accent) who was on a 1200 Speed Twin. Only took one picture just along from Clachan at the head of Loch Fyne.GlenFyne.jpg

Last edited:

smib

Legendary Knight
I took a wee trip to Inveraray on my Blue Bonnie. Nice, fresh and crisp air with hardly any traffic though there were a handful of other bikers and I had a bit of a blether with a fellow from Erskine (with a Manchester accent) who was on a 1200 Speed Twin. Only took one picture just along from Clachan at the head of Loch Fyne.View attachment 4005
Great photo👍