What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Get me a bottle of jamesons crested and I'll forget all about it πŸ˜‰πŸ¦†
I've just received a call from Foxy's local A&E.
Apparently shortly after looking up the price of a bottle of Jameson Crested. He was involved in an accident involving weak knees & a minor head trauma.
The nurse said he'll be fine in a few days when the delirium subsides. In the meantime, had I any idea why he might be requesting a third sock? πŸ˜‰

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Considering the fact I had to damn near get you in a headlock before you'd take that genuine (stupidly expensive) Kawasaki top-box.

How come I haven't seen a photo of the bike since without the top-box fitted? And you've owned the bike for just over 12 months πŸ€”

Handy aren't they πŸ˜‰

PS...
I'm with Stacy on the waterproofs adding 5st to your normally slender silhouette.
That top box is on and off more than Stacy's knickers...
I prefer the bike without it but it does come in handy...
Like for carrying booze I've had since Christmas for you and @Public Enemy
Remind me to bring that on Saturday πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦†

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Out for a whizz on the Sprint tonight. Cold with a lot of dampness in the air but man the roads round here are brilliant. Forty odd miles of decent to good road and not a single car in front of or behind me all the way!

In other news it looks like I may have fixed the Daytona. Started going over her this afternoon, check the Resistance readings for the Crankshaft sensor and Lambda Sensor and both checked out. Checked the plug gaps, checked each Coil pack for spark (it's some thunp if you accidentally touch the metal of the plug when flicking the starter ain't it! :oops::eek:o_O) and all checked out. I then pulled the injector rail and all the injectors were squirting when I dabbed the starter. Put it back together, although I didn't tighten up the throttle manifolds, and then, as advised by someone who said they got it from a Ducati Race Tech, I prodded the starter for about two seconds with the throttle ever so slightly open, then let her sit for about forty seconds, prodded the starter and she fired up. Following my spidey senses I pushed down on the throttle bodies and the engine nearly died until I released the pressure on them leading me to suspect that there simply wasn't enough air getting to the engine through the IACV valve. On a hunch I tightened up the throttle manifolds and, as I suspected, she refused to start but I then went into TuneECU and adjusted the IACV position on the ECM. After some fiddling I got her to run and idle at roughly the correct RPM by setting the IACV at +6. I've since run her up from coldish to full running temp three times and she seems to be starting better than she did when I got her. Tomorrow will be the test once she has really had a chance to cool right down but at the moment I would say that it seems that, once more, a Triumph IACV has fouled up. I can't say that I am surprised though and neither, I think, will @Don the Don be when I say that I am fairly sure that these IACV stepper motors are made in France (spits on floor) and are remarkably similar to those used by Citroen and Peugot in the early 2000's.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Out for a whizz on the Sprint tonight. Cold with a lot of dampness in the air but man the roads round here are brilliant. Forty odd miles of decent to good road and not a single car in front of or behind me all the way!

In other news it looks like I may have fixed the Daytona. Started going over her this afternoon, check the Resistance readings for the Crankshaft sensor and Lambda Sensor and both checked out. Checked the plug gaps, checked each Coil pack for spark (it's some thunp if you accidentally touch the metal of the plug when flicking the starter ain't it! :oops::eek:o_O) and all checked out. I then pulled the injector rail and all the injectors were squirting when I dabbed the starter. Put it back together, although I didn't tighten up the throttle manifolds, and then, as advised by someone who said they got it from a Ducati Race Tech, I prodded the starter for about two seconds with the throttle ever so slightly open, then let her sit for about forty seconds, prodded the starter and she fired up. Following my spidey senses I pushed down on the throttle bodies and the engine nearly died until I released the pressure on them leading me to suspect that there simply wasn't enough air getting to the engine through the IACV valve. On a hunch I tightened up the throttle manifolds and, as I suspected, she refused to start but I then went into TuneECU and adjusted the IACV position on the ECM. After some fiddling I got her to run and idle at roughly the correct RPM by setting the IACV at +6. I've since run her up from coldish to full running temp three times and she seems to be starting better than she did when I got her. Tomorrow will be the test once she has really had a chance to cool right down but at the moment I would say that it seems that, once more, a Triumph IACV has fouled up. I can't say that I am surprised though and neither, I think, will @Don the Don be when I say that I am fairly sure that these IACV stepper motors are made in France (spits on floor) and are remarkably similar to those used by Citroen and Peugot in the early 2000's.
Superb result mate! πŸ™‚
Much kudos for your in depth delving, logical approach & tenacity πŸ‘
I reckon that puts you in the top 5% of any top drawer group of Triumph technicians πŸ˜ƒ

chas

Legendary Knight

Kudos mate, it's been a haul but if the thing runs you know it's viable.
Superb result mate! πŸ™‚
Much kudos for your in depth delving, logical approach & tenacity πŸ‘
I reckon that puts you in the top 5% of any top drawer group of Triumph technicians πŸ˜ƒ
True, but part of me is upset it wasn't fixed by shouting, ezystart and a mad angry razz up the road. It's not an effective method but satisfying when it works :D

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
My thrust towards a kit car doner engine/gearbox, which is currently housed in a motorcycle. Gained some traction today.
Well, "ish" πŸ˜—
My cash offer for said lightly damaged motorcycle was rejected. But its current owner seems like an honorable man πŸ™‚

I "might" allow it to continue powering a motorcycle for a while? But if it doesn't work out? (it very probably won't! πŸ˜”)
Bring on the next bike engine kit car build! πŸ˜ƒ

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
My thrust towards a kit car doner engine/gearbox, which is currently housed in a motorcycle. Gained some traction today.
Well, "ish" πŸ˜—
My cash offer for said lightly damaged motorcycle was rejected. But its current owner seems like an honorable man πŸ™‚

I "might" allow it to continue powering a motorcycle for a while? But if it doesn't work out? (it very probably won't! πŸ˜”)
Bring on the next bike engine kit car build! πŸ˜ƒ

Get a Hayabusa 😁

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Get a Hayabusa 😁

I've had one Scrappy.
And I have the class winning trophy from an international drag race at Santa Pod to prove it mate πŸ˜ƒ
But although the Busa engine is a beast in a bike. And great in a kit car for track use.
It lacks torque when you add an extra 300+kg.

The accident damaged bike I have my eye on. Is (using educated guess work) the perfect bike engine to tranplant into a lightweight kit car for fast road use.

@Sarky B'stard is probably the man to guess what it is. As he's a biker & a previous kit car owner.

Sarky...
Think about the torque required to haul around the extra weight of just the car. Then add in passengers. Then take into account that 12,000rpm isn't my goal/requirement for a useable fast road car. Not a track biased beast. I'm thiking 0-60mph in sub 4 seconds. But mainly a fast, reliable, under stressed touring car.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I've had one Scrappy.
And I have the class winning trophy from an international drag race at Santa Pod to prove it mate πŸ˜ƒ
But although the Busa engine is a beast in a bike. And great in a kit car for track use.

The accident damaged bike I have my eye on. Is (using educated guess work) the perfect bike engine to tranplant into a lightweight kit car for fast road use.

@Sarky B'stard is probably the man to guess what it is. As he's a biker & a previous kit car owner.

Sarky...
Think about the torque required to haul around the extra weight of just the car. Then add in passengers. Then take into account that 12,000rpm isn't my goal/requirement for a useable fast road car. Not a track biased beast. I'm thiking 0-60mph in sub 4 seconds. But mainly a fast, reliable, under stressed touring car.
This is sounding less and less like a 600 bandit!

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I've had one Scrappy.

Sarky...
Honda Blackbird?