What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I love the gruff sound of the triple engines. There is something syncopated about it that fours don't have and by Christ when they scream they are beautiful although I would say that the engines do seem to make more mechanical noise to my ear but I think that is because of the acoustics of the casing design.

One manufacturer who seemed to have a bloody minded approach to making even 'consumables' unique was Suzuki. Whenever I needed a bearing or the like it would be a size that no-one else on the planet used and had the Suzuki 'S' stamped all over it even if it was also marked by a well known bearing manufacturer. Oh and it would cost the earth. I seem to remember that GSX Swingarm bearing were something like a hundred quid not to mention spacers, sleeves and special washers when I needed to re-furb my swingarm around 98. Parts alone cost me a couple of hundred.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Starting to address a few issues that cropped up at Donington. A used unbashed oil tank has be sourced, although the Evostik resin repair held, will keep the repaired as a spare just in case of future damage. Brakes overhauled & serviced as was getting slight fade. Need to source a clutch master cylinder service kit too as air kept getting in. 96A3782E-2EC3-4B3C-B214-C7E1D21C7321.jpeg00432305-6FF0-4AF1-B8E0-A914CE1B5FBA.jpeg130E53A5-1BF3-491E-AB40-139EA7F97F51.jpegBF357B16-21E1-43C8-B405-451DD51C2907.jpeg

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Would something like this not do @Big Sandy ?
The first one I'd have to amend the operating rod, which I think I'm going to have to do anyway, regardless, probably a long nut of the right thread...

The second, I'd hazard a guess to it being in the same sort of state as the one I have, going by the rust on the unions... Mine works, it just doesn't stop working. It will be that little return hole in the feed, just the size of a pin hole. That's where the problem will be. And that's a thing.... Why would you fit a circlip in such a way that the tail of the fitting covers the eyes, so you can't get the pliers on?!! I know fine what I need to get at, and the only way to get at it is to break the bloody thing.

Foxy

Legendary Knight
Well, I fitted mi new battery last neet, and stuck mi optimate on it. I expected the Amber light to come on, but the next to bottom red light came on. I assumed it might've bin ont shelf for a while, so left it. Went in this mornin, before I came to work, and it was still showing t'same! I'm presuming now, that my optimate must be faulty. Unless the plug and socket I had to change ont charging leads aren't making a good contact. I'll take it off charge toneet, and see if she fires up. IMG_20220519_064421.jpg

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Well, I fitted mi new battery last neet, and stuck mi optimate on it. I expected the Amber light to come on, but the next to bottom red light came on. I assumed it might've bin ont shelf for a while, so left it. Went in this mornin, before I came to work, and it was still showing t'same! I'm presuming now, that my optimate must be faulty. Unless the plug and socket I had to change ont charging leads aren't making a good contact. I'll take it off charge toneet, and see if she fires up. View attachment 16996
It's gonna break your heart if you have to buy a new Optimate, isn't it? 🤣

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I think Mine was a chinky copy. Wasn't a chinky copy price though....

Now. What have I done to mine today? Well Rode it..... Then cursed the f***ing great heap of malingering sh**e roundly and thoroughly. Called it all the f***ing b@*tard c**ting names I could think of.

That frigging rear brake again. Locked solid after about 10 miles. Time to strip it again.... **** **f*fffg *ff.
Mmmmmm...I bought a rear brake master cylinder for my 2001 sprint st from a breakers on ebay...It didn't fit my bike as slightly different..I'm wondering though if it might be off another 955i ...
It's my day off today and I can't do shit so I will have a look see if I can find it...
It's yours if the photos match up to yours mate...
Bear with me whilst I pour another rum and I'll get on it 🦆

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
The first one I'd have to amend the operating rod, which I think I'm going to have to do anyway, regardless, probably a long nut of the right thread...

The second, I'd hazard a guess to it being in the same sort of state as the one I have, going by the rust on the unions... Mine works, it just doesn't stop working. It will be that little return hole in the feed, just the size of a pin hole. That's where the problem will be. And that's a thing.... Why would you fit a circlip in such a way that the tail of the fitting covers the eyes, so you can't get the pliers on?!! I know fine what I need to get at, and the only way to get at it is to break the bloody thing.
Angle grinder 👍👍👍👍🦆

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Mmmmmm...I bought a rear brake master cylinder for my 2001 sprint st from a breakers on ebay...It didn't fit my bike as slightly different..I'm wondering though if it might be off another 955i ...
It's my day off today and I can't do shit so I will have a look see if I can find it...
It's yours if the photos match up to yours mate...
Bear with me whilst I pour another rum and I'll get on it 🦆
Can't locate it...
I'm thinking it's in the wicked witch castle around the corners shed but I'm not allowed there...
Sorry mate...

MICK60

Legendary Knight
Mine broke down outside a local bike shop friday. just died. They cant look at it for at least a week. So i arranged for another shop to pick it up this morning, and have a look at it. I just phoned them, and the wanker that i phoned first, never told anyone, or booked it in, and has fucked off on holiday. They might be able to collect it this afternoon, and have a look. I, and the bloke at the shop, reckon it's the pickup coil on the flywheel. So by the time i order one of those, it wont be here until monday at the earliest. I am booked in to do the DGR on sunday, so that's that fucked..

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Mine broke down outside a local bike shop friday. just died. They cant look at it for at least a week. So i arranged for another shop to pick it up this morning, and have a look at it. I just phoned them, and the wanker that i phoned first, never told anyone, or booked it in, and has fucked off on holiday. They might be able to collect it this afternoon, and have a look. I, and the bloke at the shop, reckon it's the pickup coil on the flywheel. So by the time i order one of those, it wont be here until monday at the earliest. I am booked in to do the DGR on sunday, so that's that fucked..
That's a f#cker Mick! 🙁
But can't you use your other bike?