What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
It was t'same wi mine,if tha remembers @DD67 , when it got nicked. The insurance couldn't wait to write it off, although t'actual damage was minimal. The engineers report was a reyt laugh. Did me a favour though!
As I said to you at the time mate. The fact that the "Engineers" report included the cost of a full replacement lock set (ignition, tank, seat removal & helmet lock) But only because he didn't have the keys to check if the locks still worked? 😏 Was more than enough to make the insurance company write the bike off.
Then factor in a few small marks on the panels which would (in the insurance world) equate to brand new replacement panels. Even though you told me that several of the marks were already there from general use.

You still having the keys and all the locks still working perfectly. Plus you not giving a crap about a few additional tiny marks from where the bike was manhandled into a van by the scumbag thief.
Equalled the bargain of the century as a buy back after being paid out by your insurance company.

The photos you posted the other day of yourself & your grandson cleaning your bikes. Proves beyond any doubt that buying your bike back was a great move! It'll continue to give you sterling service. Whilst owing you virtually nowt! 😃

The only downside to all of that. Is the fact that lazy attitude from insurance companies increases all of our premiums. If they'd thought to ask if you could supply the keys. I genuinely doubt that the bike would have been written off.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-084219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220526-084219_Chrome.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 0

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Your kidding...
Gay nazi uniforms is not going to put me in a good train of thought 🤔 🤮🦆
The piping on the shoulder boards denotes which branch/corps they belong to. Rose pink for Panzer crew and also Panzerjager crews. (couple other pinks too, transport is one, but different pink) Distinctive way of knowing what corps they are, really.

If you were motorised infantry, or panzer grenadiers (ie, your sidecar combo) your waffenfarbe would be white.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Today I took delivery of the Royal Enfield 500 Trails I treated myself for my Birthday, great little bike 475 miles ace condition serviced and guy even gave me a unboxed Trail pack with the sump plate side number and headlight grill, he even gave me an unopened welcome pack of mug snood key ring and badge, "well chuffed" I had a little bimble around the block first outing on a bike this year since my misshap. "oh happy day"