What have you done to your bike today....

smib

Legendary Knight
Today I took delivery of the Royal Enfield 500 Trails I treated myself for my Birthday, great little bike 475 miles ace condition serviced and guy even gave me a unboxed Trail pack with the sump plate side number and headlight grill, he even gave me an unopened welcome pack of mug snood key ring and badge, "well chuffed" I had a little bimble around the block first outing on a bike this year since my misshap. "oh happy day"
Nice one Don!
Crackin little bike!

Pictures or it didn't happen. You know the rules;)

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
The piping on the shoulder boards denotes which branch/corps they belong to. Rose pink for Panzer crew and also Panzerjager crews. (couple other pinks too, transport is one, but different pink) Distinctive way of knowing what corps they are, really.

If you were motorised infantry, or panzer grenadiers (ie, your sidecar combo) your waffenfarbe would be white.
Motorbike and sidecar is my favourite so I'm alright then...
Thank fuck for that...👍👍👍🦆

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Both @Old Nick Being 'flamboyant' and peacocking used to be the province of men not women and gay men. High heels were originally men's shoes for riding on horseback and the higher your heels the more you towered over others. Bright colours and expensive cloths not to mention embroidery were displays of wealth and status to attract the women and tell the plebs that you were a cut above them.

Teddy Boy fashion had nothing to do with Rock'n'Roll really but was actually poor folks aping the style favoured by wealthy guards officers who chose to wear fancy Edwardian jackets when not in uniform. Of course, as the guards wore it it attracted gay men and so guards officers stopped wearing it and it became the sole property of the Teds and, with the emergence of brighter coloured cloth at cheaper prices post war the poor teds opted for that 'flamboyance' over the original, expensive brocades, embroidery etc. the Guards officers used for their suits.

Last edited:

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Both @Old Nick Being 'flamboyant' and peacocking used to be the province of men not women and gay men. High heels were originally men's shoes for riding on horseback and the higher your heels the more you towered over others. Bright colours and expensive cloths not to mention embroidery were displays of wealth and status to attract the women and tell the plebs that you were a cut above them.

Teddy Boy fashion had nothing to do with Rock'n'Roll really but was actually poor folks aping the style favoured by wealthy guards officers who chose to wear fancy Edwardian jackets when not in uniform. Of course, as the guards wore it it attracted gay men and so guards officers stopped wearing it and it became the sole property of the Teds and, with the emergence of brighter coloured cloth at cheaper prices post war the poor teds opted for that 'flamboyance' over the original, expensive brocades, embroidery etc. the Guards officers used for their suits.
National service sorted them out, what we need today, watch the unwanted leave as fast as they arrive, short back and sides [minus any fecking brylcream before certain folk start] sort them out "what"

Last edited:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well obviously the end of WWII and getting out of the austerity of that period did have a part to play @Old Nick but the war also brought about the invention of 'Dayglo' fluorescents and the rise of man made fibres leading to bright colours that had never been seen before and were so vivid that they shocked the more 'sensible' members of society. My Dad has photos of himself from the fifties wearing a bright turquoise Drape coat complete with the pearl handled open razors sticking out of the velvet trimmed pockets. My last Drape coat was a Royal Stuart tartan number.