What have you done to your bike today....

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Today I gave the Enfield a good look over gave it a little run and then fitted a Optimate charging lead and a spare motone headlight saver cable, I hate it when the headlights come on when the ignition is turned on I have the same fitted to my Triumph, then I started the checking on the electrics and smearing Dielectric grease over them.
The bike is a little gem but I am under no illutions that not everything on these machines is perfect, but that I can remedy, having gone over the electrics I checked all fittings and cables and corrected any items that I felt needed re-routing and spywrapped the cables to stop any chaffing in awkward places [did the same with the bonnie] and checked the battery as the Indian made Exides are not the best, The overhaul finish is a vast improvement over previous models but still not on par with Triumph, but all told she is a great bike and she runs well and is a relaxed old time ride "love it"

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Today I gave the Enfield a good look over gave it a little run and then fitted a Optimate charging lead and a spare motone headlight saver cable, I hate it when the headlights come on when the ignition is turned on I have the same fitted to my Triumph, then I started the checking on the electrics and smearing Dielectric grease over them.
The bike is a little gem but I am under no illutions that not everything on these machines is perfect, but that I can remedy, having gone over the electrics I checked all fittings and cables and corrected any items that I felt needed re-routing and spywrapped the cables to stop any chaffing in awkward places [did the same with the bonnie] and checked the battery as the Indian made Exides are not the best, The overhaul finish is a vast improvement over previous models but still not on par with Triumph, but all told she is a great bike and she runs well and is a relaxed old time ride "love it"
Chaffing in awkward places. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
A nice day today here in Argyll where yesterday it was cold wet and damned windy. Took Mairi the blue Bonnie out for another spin to Inveraray and back and stopped in Hell's Glen (one of the two roads into my village) to take a picture of my Bonnie Blue Bonnie with the Bonnie Bluebells. They started blooming a couple of weeks ago and will be gone within another couple of weeks at most.
MairiandBluebells.jpg
MairiandBluebells2.jpg
Mairiinthebigcountry.jpg
Mairiinthebigcountry2.jpg

chas

Legendary Knight
My disc bolts turned up on Fri so today after clearing the Mammy's shopdrop I got the new discs on the wheel, new pads in the calipers and everything buttoned up. Didn't finish up in time to take it out so I'll take it out tomorrow morning for a few miles to scrub the new tyre in a bit and start bedding the brakes in.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
A nice day today here in Argyll where yesterday it was cold wet and damned windy. Took Mairi the blue Bonnie out for another spin to Inveraray and back and stopped in Hell's Glen (one of the two roads into my village) to take a picture of my Bonnie Blue Bonnie with the Bonnie Bluebells. They started blooming a couple of weeks ago and will be gone within another couple of weeks at most.
View attachment 17325
View attachment 17326
View attachment 17327
View attachment 17328
Great pic's @MartytheMartian both bike and scenery

chas

Legendary Knight
View attachment 17325
View attachment 17326
View attachment 17327
View attachment 17328
Bike is a credit to you mate, looks a peach.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Out for a nice long ride(110miles covered) this evening, bright enough but the wind was bloody cold. A couple of years ago I went on a run on the now departed Thai Bonnie that took me through Inveraray, up to Portsonachan on Lochawe, followed the bottom of the loch to a place called Ford then Southwest to Kilmartin Glen, then South to Lochgilhead then back up Loch Fyne to Inveraray and then home to Lochgoilhead. Well tonight I did it in reverse on the Blue Bonnie. Incredible and striking countryside and some very interesting riding with the section from Ford to Portsonachan providing some scenery that wouldn't be out of place in something like Game of Thrones or The Hobbit.

BeforeFord.jpg
lookingupawe.jpg
LookingoverAwe.jpg
Jagypeakatlochawe.jpg

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Kilmartin is an interesting place in its own right with lots of history and a bit of medieval murkiness for good measure.

I know those roads pretty well but more Subarued than biked! I had a couple of 'memorabl' 🫣 weekends staying at the top of Loch Awe at Ardanaseig when money was less of an object.....

Lovely run of an evening 👍🏻

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Had a nice little run out to yondermans cafe yesterday with Stacy on the back..I really enjoyed the ride there and back...Bit of breakfast and a chat with our @Public Enemy and his mate nick who as just bought a very heavy duty looking BMW bike in red ( possibly pink ) and black which almost made it very third reich looking...
Anyway it got me thinking about BMW for my next bike...
Also a lot of pink about yesterday.. people wearing pink and riding pink..If it wasn't for those pink stripes our @DD67 put on my bike I may have been considered a social leper 😳🦆

Last edited:

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Out for a nice long ride(110miles covered) this evening, bright enough but the wind was bloody cold. A couple of years ago I went on a run on the now departed Thai Bonnie that took me through Inveraray, up to Portsonachan on Lochawe, followed the bottom of the loch to a place called Ford then Southwest to Kilmartin Glen, then South to Lochgilhead then back up Loch Fyne to Inveraray and then home to Lochgoilhead. Well tonight I did it in reverse on the Blue Bonnie. Incredible and striking countryside and some very interesting riding with the section from Ford to Portsonachan providing some scenery that wouldn't be out of place in something like Game of Thrones or The Hobbit.

View attachment 17343
View attachment 17344
View attachment 17345
View attachment 17346
Again more great pic's @MartytheMartian You see there is nothing to be miserable about just go for a ride or even go and polish the Bonnies, we are so lucky with the scenery mate

Last edited:

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Had a nice little run out to yondermans cafe yesterday with Stacy on the back..I really enjoyed the ride there and back...Bit of breakfast and a chat with our @Public Enemy and his mate nick who as just bought a very heavy duty looking BMW bike in red ( possibly pink ) and black which almost made it very third reich looking...
Anyway it got me thinking about BMW for my next bike...
Also a lot of pink about yesterday.. people wearing pink and riding pink..If it wasn't for those pink stripes our @DD67 put on my bike I may have been considered a social leper 😳🦆
I can picture you on a BMW @BAD LUCK DUCK very Teutonic "yes" suits you sir

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Kilmartin is a very ancient place isn't it @Sarky B’stard? I don't know about you but I feel the history of the place whenever I pass through. I seem to recall that there are more pre-historic sites in and around the glen per square mile than anywhere else in Britain. Burial cairns, standing stones and carved rocks are absolutely all over the place and the landscape itself is ancient.