What have you done to your bike today....

Foxy

Legendary Knight
As I seem to have my ultimate critic (aka Chas) on side for the time being? 🤔

Here's the full set of pics after its scrub wash/TLC. It does make me wonder how a 5yr old bike with nothing more than a cracked half fairing/headlight & a tiny dink in the standard silencer = an insurance Cat N write off? 🤔
Other than the fact that brand new replacement parts + labour in a Suzuki main dealership = daft costs & insurance companies are lazy b@stards...

View attachment 17173View attachment 17174View attachment 17175pView attachment 17176lView attachment 17177View attachment 17179View attachment 17180pView attachment 17181View attachment 17182View attachment 17178

It was t'same wi mine,if tha remembers @DD67 , when it got nicked. The insurance couldn't wait to write it off, although t'actual damage was minimal. The engineers report was a reyt laugh. Did me a favour though!

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
It was t'same wi mine,if tha remembers @DD67 , when it got nicked. The insurance couldn't wait to write it off, although t'actual damage was minimal. The engineers report was a reyt laugh. Did me a favour though!
Apparently the write off category is supposed to appear on the V5 nowadays Foxy. Since a Cat D became a Cat N & a Cat C became a Cat S etc. But in your instance the V5 wasn't updated between the theft of the bike & it being written off by your insurance company. But bare in mind it could appear on the front page of the V5 if you sell the bike?

My V5 has arrived with no mention of a Cat N.
Despite what the link above states, maybe it's only the more serious categories that are shown on the V5? Either that or it slipped through the net? There's also the possibility that the damage didn't result in an insurance claim? But it's unlikely that a 2016 bike was only insured TPFT.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
It's so that the owners of w@nky old Triumphs are left in no doubt what make of bike passed them. Whilst they were at the roadside waiting for the RAC 😉
Valid point in my case. 😜

Dunno about you guys, but if I see a bike broke down, or a Land Rover, I stop and ask if they okay, do they need tools etc...

Why is it if I ever break down folk just sail on past? Mind, being an ugly bastard probably don't help.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Decided to go with stainless rivnuts and bolts to fix the mudflap to the bracket. Easier and probably better than the rivets it had originally. Zinc plated bolts to fix the bracket to the swing arm, with plenty of grease..... Stainless and alloy don't mix well.

Top fixing has a metal strip riveted through the flexible bit, and then into the plastic of the mudguard. It's also rusty. So going to use a plastic strip, (actually a piece of plastic guttering!) and stainless bolts on that too.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Decided to go with stainless rivnuts and bolts to fix the mudflap to the bracket. Easier and probably better than the rivets it had originally. Zinc plated bolts to fix the bracket to the swing arm, with plenty of grease..... Stainless and alloy don't mix well.

Top fixing has a metal strip riveted through the flexible bit, and then into the plastic of the mudguard. It's also rusty. So going to use a plastic strip, (actually a piece of plastic guttering!) and stainless bolts on that too.
I was totally with you Sandy until you mentioned putting guttering on the bike

I know it’s wet in Scotland but surely you don’t need drainage:p

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Well....marley guttering cut into 3/4" inch wide lengths. Mudguard is plastic, so why not.

Will divert the water nicely.... And given the state of our drinking water here, I'm now wondering how to collect it. 🤔

Tiz finished and fitted now anyhoo.

Oh, and between lunch and fitting it, I got bitten by a dog, right in the calf. Took some eggs to an elderly neighbour, and the dog decided to go for me as I was leaving. One of them days I guess.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well....marley guttering cut into 3/4" inch wide lengths. Mudguard is plastic, so why not.

Will divert the water nicely.... And given the state of our drinking water here, I'm now wondering how to collect it. 🤔

Tiz finished and fitted now anyhoo.

Oh, and between lunch and fitting it, I got bitten by a dog, right in the calf. Took some eggs to an elderly neighbour, and the dog decided to go for me as I was leaving. One of them days I guess.
Is the dog ok...
Does it need a tetanus as the dog doesn't know where you've been 😉🤣🤣🤣🦆