What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I'll cut you another set for fifty quid if you want to redo them as you're a mate.
Cheers Chas but I refuse to bite this time mate 😉
Plus (you fecking robbing b@stard! 🧐)
10m of 25mm in gold, 10m of 25mm in silver, 10m of 10mm in gold & 10m of 10mm in silver. Were under £12 inc delivery. I couldn't decide which would look best? 🤔
But at that price it was worth purchasing both for a test fit. I had a couple of test fits but went with all matt gold...
20220520_162346.jpg

20220523_210824.jpg

Time will tell if they'll stand up to a long term UV light test? But in terms of flexibility & the ability to apply, remove & realign without stretching/deformation. They are the best vinyl I've ever worked with Chas 🙂
Do you want the sellers contact info? 😉

I do need a couple of custom made decals for the tail piece. But I'm not sure that I can afford your exorbitant prices? 🧐

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Ruby PINK?

Just asking😉
No, it does have a very potentially "gay" sounding name. But it isn't pink 🤔

I seem to recall it's called "Himalayan Lego Brick Rum Coloured Public Toilet Glory Hole Red" A bit of a mouthful for most of us, but obviously that's nothing challenging for yourself 🧐

Any other questions, you know where to find me mate 😉

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Glad to hear it! Shame it was unbranded tho as when you find a material that works *with* how you work (much of it's individual pref) it's nice to be able to choose it for future projects.
I'm positive that you know exactly what I mean about getting to any reference point with a long run of pin stripe. And realising your 2mm out.
Then trying to peel back to where the run-out began & correct it.
Where it started to go tits up might have been (on a shop window like you do) 4 feet prior?
Being able to peel off the vinyl & reapply it with no ill effects is golden 😃

I had 4 stabs at that front mudguard. Cos there's an incredibly shallow ridge in the centre that starts at the halfway point between the forks. Then gradually but totally vanishes at the tip.

Not something I'd like to repeat 😳

smib

Legendary Knight
I'm positive that you know exactly what I mean about getting to any reference point with a long run of pin stripe. And realising your 2mm out.
Where it started to go tits up might have been (on a shop window like you do) 4 feet prior?

I had 4 stabs at that front mudguard. Cos there's an incredibly shallow ridge in the centre that starts at the halfway point between the forks. Then gradually but totally vanishes at the tip.

After one and half bottles vin rouge, I wish I knew what the fuck you were talking about. Sounds impressive anyway 🤔👏

chas

Legendary Knight

Viper stripes on cars are actually quite hard work. To keep the line working over multiple contours is a bitch. The roof to tail of something like an Elise is a bloody nightmare. It doesn't look like you've had to go over any really complex curves but even so, if you've had to persuade the vinyl to follow a line rather than laying it down I'd (even if it's laying flat now) play over it with a heat gun to help the vinyl forget it's old 'shape memory' and accept the new one. If we're persuading a flat piece of vinyl stay in a panel recess it's post heated to 110 degrees to make it accept it's new form. We use digital thermometers but for your stripe I'd say keep your hand nearby the stripe and if it's too hot for your hand it's too hot. A 'bit warm' will be enough for your purpose.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
As I seem to have my ultimate critic (aka Chas) on side for the time being? 🤔

Here's the full set of pics after its scrub wash/TLC. It does make me wonder how a 5yr old bike with nothing more than a cracked half fairing/headlight & a tiny dink in the standard silencer = an insurance Cat N write off? 🤔
Other than the fact that brand new replacement parts + labour in a Suzuki main dealership = daft costs & insurance companies are lazy b@stards...

20220523_104147.jpg20220523_135854.jpg20220523_135942.jpgp20220523_135957.jpgl20220523_140112.jpg20220523_140714.jpg20220523_142218.jpgp20220523_143411.jpg20220523_143728.jpg20220523_140456.jpg