What have you done to your bike today....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Will check the GS today after returning from Ldn yesterday, and the Daytona ahead of a ride tomorrow.

While pretty much all motorway, riding back yesterday was pleasant and swift - sun out and 140 miles in 140 minutes, including filling up, and getting 50 mpg.

And the GS is comfy for that sort of time :)

Daytona tomorrow needs a break before an hour's up and I'll ache Tuesday!

DS

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Been away for a while, so not much been done.

I have run it out, checked all the fluids and tyre pressures etc, and then took a spin between showers to get up to temp, then let it tick over until the fan kicked in.

Running nicely, no misfires for now. Neutral light working… until the next time I use it in earnest no doubt.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well today I continued work on fitting the seat unit I got from Hitchcocks to go with my Cafe racer tank. It wouldn't work with the original Mudguard so I decided that, rather than monkey around with buying an alloy guard, new light unit etc. I would simply knock out a wee metal bracket, and hang the light and number plate off it. The rear of the tail light is a little close to the rear tyre but I would have to come crashing down on the shocks for it to actually hit I think. I actually rather like the absence of rear mudguard to be honest in this instance.
View attachment 20322
View attachment 20323
That looks really smart and cool mate...
Can you lend me a tenner 😉🤣🤣🤣🦆

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I've been out on the bike quite a bit lately when sober enough..Saturday I went a very long way around to Leeds sportsbikeshop and js accessories..js was the better shop by a mile...
Anyway lots of brilliant back road riding with some real test your metal moments...

Then yesterday I took a long way round ride to see our very own @DD67
Now that was an intense ride on the way back as the heaven's opened up like a total bastard..
Fortunately though my mighty Duck powers got me through it and I lived to have my wicked way later on with the new improved Bad lady Duck..
Overall motorbikes do make life better as do my fellow motorbike people especially sexy biker birds in leather 😜 PHWOAR...

Oh and tomorrow I intend to replace my front brake panty pads :oops:🦆

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Just back from a wee spin on the Royal Enfield. Still tweaking it to where I want it to be and trying to 'tune' the front brake to the point where it actually stops the machine as well as possible while not binding when not in use. By Christ though she is LOUD!!!!! and folks stop and turn to see what the hell is coming when I'm about a mile away.

chas

Legendary Knight
Just back from a wee spin on the Royal Enfield. Still tweaking it to where I want it to be and trying to 'tune' the front brake to the point where it actually stops the machine as well as possible while not binding when not in use. By Christ though she is LOUD!!!!! and folks stop and turn to see what the hell is coming when I'm about a mile away.
Last TLS I had was on my old 250K4. Bless the thing but redardation was never much of an issue

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The front brake on the Bullet is weird. At times it feels almost as if you could 'stoppie' the bike while at other times I have found myself having to stay upright in a bend and head for the verge while pulling on the thing like my life depended on it and only just managing to slow her down enough to go around the bend. Also at times on the single track roads I have found myself having to squeeze past oncoming traffic because I simply couldn't get her to stop in time. The brake seems to only provide a certain amount of stopping power and then fades away no matter how much more force is applied. The back brake is pretty good I must say, I can stand on that and lock up the rear end with little effort.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
The front brake on the Bullet is weird. At times it feels almost as if you could 'stoppie' the bike while at other times I have found myself having to stay upright in a bend and head for the verge while pulling on the thing like my life depended on it and only just managing to slow her down enough to go around the bend. Also at times on the single track roads I have found myself having to squeeze past oncoming traffic because I simply couldn't get her to stop in time. The brake seems to only provide a certain amount of stopping power and then fades away no matter how much more force is applied. The back brake is pretty good I must say, I can stand on that and lock up the rear end with little effort.
Nostalgia that requires 2 pairs of rose tinted glasses is something that I rarely subscribe to or understand Marty.
But if it has to happen, it needs to come with brakes that work! 😳

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Ach riding the Bullet is like doing extreme sports... It might be nuts but it puts a smile on yer mug and it's actually really rather fun. I may get a disc brake conversion for it at some point though. I could kill myself in the blink of an eye on the Daytona at silly speeds without the sense that I was doing anything dangerous or exciting but at forty miles an hour in a bend on the Bullet the heart rate is up and the adrenaline is flowing and yet, if I do come a cropper chances are it will be more survivable than on the Daytona.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I've heard that there are shoes out there now that makes drums much better than they were in the past so I'll need to look into it. I might invest in a length of rope and an achor though :ROFLMAO:

Believe it or not I'm sure I saw a Bullet for sale recently and it had been fitted with a Harley Sportster front end though I'm not sure if you could call that an improvement. On the plus side I think you can buy a whole new Bullet front end for about the cost of a pint of beer and a packet of fags well, about six hundred quid or thereabouts which would get you half a fork leg for a Thai Bonneville.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Ach it's your coeffishhunt of frickshun!

I would strip and clean them. Fine wool on the drum and your wife's finest acetone nail varnish remover on the shoe followed by a light buff of fine wet'n'dry......
Then carefully adjust using the fresh surfaces to gauge bite points.

Buy a Honda C70 instead.