What have you done to your bike today....

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
Not changing the sockets,I changed the front for the larger one and the back is fine with just 8k but thanks.From memory I think it’s pretty much the same as yours.

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
Another question,Was the original triumph chain any good,I ask as I’m assuming I have the original and if so what sort of mileage should I expect?

chas

Legendary Knight
Maybe on the wrong thread but I’m thinking about a new chain for the Bonneville any suggestions welcome.
I bought one for the Gs which did around 10k without adjustment,I think it was a CZ but can’t remember,anyway I was impressed.
Being conservative I'd stick with a brand I knew from way back. DID, Tsubaki etc. On the 'Nobody got sacked for buying IBM' mentality. It'll def work.

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
I think the OEM chain was fine they skimped on suspension a bit more. I would fit any good quality x chain whether JT or DiD etc.
Having ridden it a little,I changed the suspension.I inherited Tec on the back and oem on the front,it was crap.
If it’s the original chain,which looks in good nick,it’s 14 years old,so possibly wise to change it.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
My 03 had original rear shocks but now wears a pair of Hagons, much better. The chain and sprockets were nearly new when I bought it and appear to be OEM, decent enough quality. I have a pair of progressive springs to go in the front end when I can be bothered, probably next Winter.

smib

Legendary Knight
Sold my KTM SD R today, got a very good price.
Just not using it enough and not really suited to the roads where I live now......

That's a lie! Its superior ability severely outshines my poor talent 🤪 Old age makes you realise your decreasing abilities!:confused:

As a replacement, bought (well waiting on delivery) a 2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition.

Got the usual shit from er indoors'..... Why do you need two bikes.

"Cos I can" was the reply!

Last edited:

chas

Legendary Knight
Just not using it enough and not really suited to the roads where I live now......

That's a lie! Its superior ability severely outshines my poor talent 🤪 Old age makes you realise your decreasing abilities!:confused:

As a replacement, bought (well waiting on delivery) a 2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition.

Got the usual shit from er indoors'..... Why do yo need two bikes.

I've always wanted to give vehicles I own due 'justice', let them perform to the best of their abilities.
I'd never want to own a vehicle and not let it breathe properly.

The Tenere sounds a grin, don't know where you are in Cornwall but it's no place for a large capacity sportsbike or somesuch. Tenere sounds well useable round there

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi

Got the usual shit from er indoors'..... Why do you need two bikes.

I kinda get where you're coming from, the 1290 SD is an absolutely bonkers thing to ride, I like the thrill but could easily get carried away, glad you got good money for it, my experience when looking for one was there weren't any cheap ones that were also in great nick with sensible miles on them.

The Tenere will certainly be more suited to both the roads & the geriatric rider on board! ;) :ROFLMAO: :)

Look forward to seeing some pictures when you get it Monty (y)

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Back to some sort of normality with a ride in the peaks, where a breakfast stop was taken. Then a short but glorious run through Hope Valley for an exceptionally good bit of cheesecake. If that doesn't keep Covid at bay, nothing will. 20210414_120016.jpg20210414_120041.jpg20210414_121036.jpg

Attachments

• 20210414_130538.jpg
    20210414_130538.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi

half ton

Legendary Knight
Back to some sort of normality with a ride in the peaks, where a breakfast stop was taken. Then a short but glorious run through Hope Valley for an exceptionally good bit of cheesecake. If that doesn't keep Covid at bay, nothing will. View attachment 5516View attachment 5517View attachment 5518
FFS stop posting fry up pics :mad:
My bike is in for mot on Friday so I'll be out hunting down some cholesterol on Sunday, If I'm successful then you can post food pics as often as you want...but please don't wind me up until Sunday PM. 😄

It does look tasty though :cry::cry::cry: