What have you done to your bike today....

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Carried on with the 12 v conversion to the Tiger cub , fair play to boyer bransden the kit i bought with the power box to suit and a new alternator plus rotor are made for a BSA C15 but will covert any 6v distributor british bike to 12v , the wiring diagram was supplied for a C15 so slightly different to a Tiger cub , also the original alternator had 3 wires instead of only 2 the new one has
Emailed their technical dept to ask what , if any thing i need to do different , about half an hour later i received an email from them with a hand drawn colour coded fitting diagram with written instructions as well , now thats what i call service , so nice to see now days where most firms when they have got your money tend not to want to know 10 out of 10 for Boyer Bransden

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Carried on with the 12 v conversion to the Tiger cub , fair play to boyer bransden the kit i bought with the power box to suit and a new alternator plus rotor are made for a BSA C15 but will covert any 6v distributor british bike to 12v , the wiring diagram was supplied for a C15 so slightly different to a Tiger cub , also the original alternator had 3 wires instead of only 2 the new one has
Emailed their technical dept to ask what , if any thing i need to do different , about half an hour later i received an email from them with a hand drawn colour coded fitting diagram with written instructions as well , now thats what i call service , so nice to see now days where most firms when they have got your money tend not to want to know 10 out of 10 for Boyer Bransden
Nice to hear you are getting on with the job @Flynnt20 look forward to some pics when you have completed the job, Boyer Bransden have been going for a long while nice to know customer support exists these days, I had the C15 with the what looked like a distributor but of course it was a single so it was just a points housing

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
To be honest Don the cub has been a usable runner for many years and is complete as far as restoration is concerned , far from pristine but if it was you wouldnt want to ride it just in case , will take some photos in the next few days hopefully , if british bikes had a fault with reliability it always seemed to be the electrics/ignition , only conked out 2 or 3 times and was always the points / condenser so always been in the habit of carrying spares as its only a 15 min job and you are off again , problem with lucas ignition systems is when it starts to slip the advance and retard starts to go haywire and the bike gets really hot really quick , next thing its BOOM , i know the complete conversion was not cheap but been thinking about it for a year or 2 and just decided sod it and go for it , And yep Don you are right although its always referred to as a distributor its only a " carrier " for the points and condenser

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
You are spot on mate, thats why I always ended up rewiring my old brit stuff as for the C15 I had the down pipe orange on a few ride outs for the very reason you mentioned I even had the long pinch bolt shear so the points block rotated, what was it they used to say Brit bikes had character :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Dropped the Triumph off to it’s new owner yesterday, said to the Missus come with me it’s on the coast, we can go to the sea front & get fish & chips then have a stroll!
Like fuck, it pissed down all day, anyone know the seaside town from the pictures? You’ll have to wait for the answer as I am off out on the KTM in a minute 😎

C8ED738E-C3CD-4802-A7CF-B4847BC56B2A.jpeg440A3BA0-3319-4845-9CD3-A82AB573E583.jpeg

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Well no guesses then? that was not so sunny Margate.
Been out with a few mates today, a blast down the A30 to Shaftesbury, double back via Zig Zag hill & Six Penny Handely. 9 out altogether, 6 of us on KTM’s, nearly enough for our own Hampshire owners club!

Attachments

• 565EAFF1-FFF5-40E3-B0D1-9765AC3A3420.jpeg
    565EAFF1-FFF5-40E3-B0D1-9765AC3A3420.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
  • A531F33D-12ED-494A-A68B-EC130A144373.jpeg
    A531F33D-12ED-494A-A68B-EC130A144373.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • D0E635A4-F82D-4357-9364-3F4D76A2DCD3.jpeg
    D0E635A4-F82D-4357-9364-3F4D76A2DCD3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Well today it was a blast down to Rutland and back before the brief snow interlude!

Got a lot of riding in since Easter as had the week off work so have been visiting various chums in London, Sheffield and Leamington for lunch :)

Covered more miles and spoke more words face-to-face than in the previous 5 months put together!

DS

IMG_0568.JPG

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Bikes looking good @Bad Billy, your getting used to it now your racking up the miles
Still surprises me every now & then, it is probably too much for the road, but as Hodgy says the throttle works both ways. You can ride it nice and steady as the motor is a peach, 4th will take you from 40 to 140 with the minimum of fuss in double quick time! The chassis, suspension & brakes are all fantastic, it is on Michelin Road 5 tyres which in the cold sketchy conditions seem to work very well.

Unfortunately the huge rear tyre collects gravel & throws it at anyone following, my mates 2020 SD now has 2 broken mirrors & a big stone chip in the air scoop, can’t believe that a stone hitting the back of the mirror broke the glass? I did feel sorry for him but the daft sod should have just hung further back instead of riding in my wheel tracks!

chas

Legendary Knight
Well no guesses then? that was not so sunny Margate.
Been out with a few mates today, a blast down the A30 to Shaftesbury, double back via Zig Zag hill & Six Penny Handely. 9 out altogether, 6 of us on KTM’s, nearly enough for our own Hampshire owners club!
Although Kent is the 'Garden of England' every garden has a compost heap ;) I've never been to Margit for fun.
Mind you, the bit of Kent I work in could be termed the bit behind the shed where you hide the broken stuff and breed woodlice. ;)

chas

Legendary Knight
Still surprises me every now & then, it is probably too much for the road, but as Hodgy says the throttle works both ways. You can ride it nice and steady as the motor is a peach, 4th will take you from 40 to 140 with the minimum of fuss in double quick time! The chassis, suspension & brakes are all fantastic, it is on Michelin Road 5 tyres which in the cold sketchy conditions seem to work very well.

Unfortunately the huge rear tyre collects gravel & throws it at anyone following, my mates 2020 SD now has 2 broken mirrors & a big stone chip in the air scoop, can’t believe that a stone hitting the back of the mirror broke the glass? I did feel sorry for him but the daft sod should have just hung further back instead of riding in my wheel tracks!
I've just stuck a road 5 on the back of mine, seems a decent boot so far, less than 100 mile on it yet but could be a combo I stick with

chas

Legendary Knight
Well today it was a blast down to Rutland and back before the brief snow interlude!

Got a lot of riding in since Easter as had the week off work so have been visiting various chums in London, Sheffield and Leamington for lunch :)

Covered more miles and spoke more words face-to-face than in the previous 5 months put together!

DS

View attachment 5479
'OutOut' Long may it continue.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I left home for a wee run down to Arrochar to fill up the Sprint and get some fresh air. Sun was splitting the trees although there was a chill in the air. Left the village and motored up the single track road to the Rest and Be Thankful, and, coming over the shoulder of Ben an Lochan and descending down to the Rest it started dropping a sort of snow/hail crossbreed. By the time I reached the traffic lights on the Rest it was hard to see in front of me because of the density of what I will call the 'Snail' that was falling. By the time I got down to Arrochar I had come out of it again to dry bright sunny weather. Filled up and returned and went through the same thing again. The roads all around here are white with road salt again too so the bike needed a good clean when I got back.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Well I left home for a wee run down to Arrochar to fill up the Sprint and get some fresh air. Sun was splitting the trees although there was a chill in the air. Left the village and motored up the single track road to the Rest and Be Thankful, and, coming over the shoulder of Ben an Lochan and descending down to the Rest it started dropping a sort of snow/hail crossbreed. By the time I reached the traffic lights on the Rest it was hard to see in front of me because of the density of what I will call the 'Snail' that was falling. By the time I got down to Arrochar I had come out of it again to dry bright sunny weather. Filled up and returned and went through the same thing again. The roads all around here are white with road salt again too so the bike needed a good clean when I got back.
Coming across the Central Belt we had plenty of the same. I was returning grandson to parents and the Forth Bridges were thick with it, almost invisible to one another. Dark and leaden then brilliant sunshine.....

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Road 5s will be the next pair going on the T800. I like the Metzeler Roadtechs on it now, but want to try a different tyre. We had a lovely but cold ride into Shropshire to our favourite biker cafe, the Lazy Trout Truck Stop. Coffee and sausage/egg sandwich. Cracking roads and surprisingly quiet, got a few decent overtakes and some lovely scenery. Bonneville will get taxed on May1st.

chas

Legendary Knight
Road 5s will be the next pair going on the T800. I like the Metzeler Roadtechs on it now, but want to try a different tyre. We had a lovely but cold ride into Shropshire to our favourite biker cafe, the Lazy Trout Truck Stop. Coffee and sausage/egg sandwich. Cracking roads and surprisingly quiet, got a few decent overtakes and some lovely scenery. Bonneville will get taxed on May1st.
I picked up the Trip with a squared Road4 and had no problem with the grip etc, just the squaredness. I'd have replaced it with another 4 quite happily but supply chains seem bolloxed and I could get a 5 quicker than a 4. Decent boot but then it fucking should be at A HUNDRED AND SIXTY FUCKING QUID

I'm pouring another gin and having a lie down now.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Not tried Road 4's or 5's. My Sprint RS came to me with Road 3's on it and I didn't like it one little bit. Felt like she was squirming all over the place and the tyre rubber seemed exceptionally soft and squishy. Since changed to Pirelli Angels and I swear the bike could still find traction if I was so far over I was riding on the sidewalls.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Not tried Road 4's or 5's. My Sprint RS came to me with Road 3's on it and I didn't like it one little bit. Felt like she was squirming all over the place and the tyre rubber seemed exceptionally soft and squishy. Since changed to Pirelli Angels and I swear the bike could still find traction if I was so far over I was riding on the sidewalls.
I run Angel GT and I have not yet touched a hero blob because I hit sphincter problems first. Not many constant radius grippy bends round here but I am too sensible (old) to explore the last 10%. I think there is probably not much to choose between most of these tyres on public roads that are themselves the biggest limit on enthusiasm. They are a mess.