What have you done to your bike today....

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
I think the decision as been made...I'm not putting another penny into it...
Brand new tyres ignition fuel pump and relay Hel stainless steel braided brake lines and so much more gone into that bike...
That's it for me with this bike..
Will sell what I can on Ebay and get the scrap metal man to collect what's left...
Fuck it..I've had enough of the bastard 🤯
Or you could buy another one & have all those spares to use at your leisure, if only I new where there was a good one for sale! :unsure:

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well I put my bikes details on a site that buys bike no matter what condition..put some photos with a honest description of the bike and its issues..The photos showed the bike in bits and at its worse...They made an offer which I thought would do..Then they wanted a more detailed description of the bike so I went more in depth...
As anyone ever had dealings with this sort of thing and should I expect a couple of pikeys at my door and will I end up with a dag 🐶

chas

Legendary Knight
Well I put my bikes details on a site that buys bike no matter what condition..put some photos with a honest description of the bike and its issues..The photos showed the bike in bits and at its worse...They made an offer which I thought would do..Then they wanted a more detailed description of the bike so I went more in depth...
As anyone ever had dealings with this sort of thing and should I expect a couple of pikeys at my door and will I end up with a dag 🐶
There are aspects of this you may prefer (or would be prudent) to discuss via PM or somesuch but I'd say it's worth a listing on eBay if you've a reputable account. I've outed non runners with a perfectly honest description and been surprised what I've managed to get.

I'm sure 'the collective' would help with listing wording (it's quite important imho) to give you a good chance of a decent result.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well, today I gave my 2014 Bonnie a good wash and close examination so I would know exactly what is and isn't wrong with the bike before the guy comes up to see about buying it. I now know that there is no sign of rust on the rims, exhausts, chrome, frame etc. All paintwork is in excellent condition except for one fine scratch about an inch long at the base of the petrol tank in front of the seat (only visible in bright light and not through the paint). Oddly the right hand mirror had a scratch across the glass (swapped with a spare I had) and there is a scuff on the 'chrome' of the tail light housing. I am actually a little surprised, never having given the bike a really, really good look since I bought it and it really is virtually 'showroom' condition.

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with 'Regency Supersports' in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and, if so, are they a good mob to deal with. I was surprised that he hit out with a very good offer straight off the bat and I am wondering if he will now try to beat me down when he arrives. I hope not because he is very liable to be disappointed as the bike has proved to be very popular. Seems to be a bit of a seller's market for Aircooled Bonnie's this year and the prices are noticeably higher than they were last year.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
There are aspects of this you may prefer (or would be prudent) to discuss via PM or somesuch but I'd say it's worth a listing on eBay if you've a reputable account. I've outed non runners with a perfectly honest description and been surprised what I've managed to get.

I'm sure 'the collective' would help with listing wording (it's quite important imho) to give you a good chance of a decent result.
Never sold anything on eBay and have no idea if I have a good account...
I do buy shed loads off there though...

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Ive sold buckets full on flea bay , might be shite to me and you but someone will want it , got addicted to selling on it when the 8 burner gas range we had for years went tits up and only the electric ovens worked on it , day before the new one was coming i asked my son to help me get the old one into the back garden ready for the skip once i had broken it into manageable transportable pieces , my son asked me did i have a flea bay account and said " watch this " took a couple of pics for me with an honest description with £100 buy it now !!!!!!!! He did write on the advert " "must go asap so any offer considered " if someone would have turned up they could have had it as it would save me a job , about 1 hour later someone messaged me would i accept £75 FFS , oh yes , 2 hours later a Transit van turned up from Derby with 4 pakistanis in it , they threw the range in the back , gave me the money and pissed off without saying 2 words to me , result

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I said goodbye to Evie my Thai mail order Bonneville today. The chap turned up, laid the money down and took her away in his van. I was asking for five grand he offered 4,800 and I accepted. More than I expected, espcially from a dealer so I am happy with the deal. Despite everything it was still a wee bit sad to part with her but I know that I could never really accept her as a true Bonnie. Now I just need to go fishing for another interesting toy.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Well I said goodbye to Evie my Thai mail order Bonneville today. The chap turned up, laid the money down and took her away in his van. I was asking for five grand he offered 4,800 and I accepted. More than I expected, espcially from a dealer so I am happy with the deal. Despite everything it was still a wee bid sad to part with her but I know that I could never really accept her as a true Bonnie. Now I just need to go fishing for another interesting toy.
A day of goodbyes on the forum then mate, mine sold today as well. :cry:

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Even if they ain't your 'dream bike' it's always a wee bit hard to part with them. I was talking to a fella the other day and he was saying that he still has every bike he ever owned. He's never been able to part with a single one.
What's his name Sammy Miller? ;)

Christ if I still had every bike I'd ever owned I need an estate the size of Sandringham to keep them in! :ROFLMAO:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Nah he was a big lad from Glasgow. He said his first Triumph Daytona (the original model) was now in his living room and he had his Commando's and a Harley at home and I think he wasn't of the 'must have a new....' or 'racer' types. The bike he was riding was some pretty plain big black low Hardly Davison machine.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Guess what as been giving me the horn today 😜

20210409_114246.jpg

Speaking of the horn..I took the Denali air bomb off and stuck the old one back on ...20210409_113910.jpg
It looks shite but its only going to be broken up I'm guessing anyway so sod it..20210409_114343.jpg20210409_114351.jpg20210409_121309.jpg20210409_121316.jpg20210409_121856.jpg20210409_121906.jpg
I've stuck the rear side fairing and the tank back on and managed possibly nicked an o ring on fuel connector..
Was hoping to try and get that bolt out the forks that sheared off by welding a nut to it but its pissing it down so its hob nob and coffee time 🦆