What have you done to your bike today....

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Brilliant! 🤣
That story has made my day Billy. I wonder if he tells the true story to his mates
Sometimes I can’t help myself! To be fair to him I looked like a numpty with sparky new leathers etc but I was trying to break them & the boots in ahead of racing in 2 weeks. I went through the motions of following him for a couple of miles on some fast sweepy roads, then he waved me through as it got a bit more twisty, never saw him again after that! Funny as fuck 😂

Glyn

Legendary Knight
My Kawasaki Versys needs a new home.
Purchasing it after selling Annie my T100 to @Public Enemy & "allegedly" giving up bikes. Was a seriously dumb move.
My feeble excuse was/is I needed a bike in the garage. That worked out great, cos I still do have a bike on the garage but unfortunately it's safer for me if it stays there.
On top of the dumb arse decision to purchase it last September. I then set about adding a load of upgrades. The (ridiculous) idea was that if I spent a fortune on it. That would prevent me from selling it due to the money I'd lose in the process.
Anyway, it wasn't one of my best financial decisions but life's a learning curve eh! 🙂
Before I bang on about how it's the best example of a MK3 2015 Versys 650 you will find anywhere. I'll let @BAD LUCK DUCK give you his unbiased opinion. He saw it in the metal the other day & seemed to be suitable impressed.
All I'll say in advance is Annie was extremely tidy but I could have picked very minor fault with her. But the Versys is better.
Oh mate I know that feeling, I dropped from a 675r race bike and gixer thou to the Thruxton.
My minces are no good for fast as fuck bikes.
It’s always a sad day when you say enough is enough.

Please don’t take too much notice of what I wrote, next thing people will think I care !!!!🥴

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Lifted the tank on the Street Triple to find one of the breather pipes crushed, and damaged so that it continually wanted to fold in that spot everytime the tank was lowered. Fortunately I had a set of pipes I ordered some time ago, so I swapped it out.

IMG_20210404_123117372.jpg

Then went for a test ride to see if that may have been causing the cutting out problem I had the other day. It was still lumpy at low revs, and the throttle seems snatchy, but it didn't cut out... until I was about half a mile from home :( - I'm now wondering if they changed the map when it was serviced :confused:, so I'll try uploading the original map again and see if that makes any difference. I ain't got a clue, so if anyone has any ideas (constructive ;)) I'd be grateful. I guess it may have to go back to the dealer, but I bet they won't accept that it was fine until they serviced it :rolleyes:

Anyway... Happy Easter!

IMG_20210404_145027402.jpg

T

The Departed

Set off 11.5 degrees, got past Leeds and it was like Jesus H where's the sun gone. Not the best weather for summer leathers. By the time I got 10miles from Hawes my body was like sod this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-171754_DAGPS.jpg
    Screenshot_20210404-171754_DAGPS.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 5

Glyn

Legendary Knight
Lifted the tank on the Street Triple to find one of the breather pipes crushed, and damaged so that it continually wanted to fold in that spot everytime the tank was lowered. Fortunately I had a set of pipes I ordered some time ago, so I swapped it out.

View attachment 5157

Then went for a test ride to see if that may have been causing the cutting out problem I had the other day. It was still lumpy at low revs, and the throttle seems snatchy, but it didn't cut out... until I was about half a mile from home :( - I'm now wondering if they changed the map when it was serviced :confused:, so I'll try uploading the original map again and see if that makes any difference. I ain't got a clue, so if anyone has any ideas (constructive ;)) I'd be grateful. I guess it may have to go back to the dealer, but I bet they won't accept that it was fine until they serviced it :rolleyes:

Anyway... Happy Easter!

View attachment 5158
Maybe try a fuel cleaner

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

View attachment 5157

Anyway... Happy Easter!

View attachment 5158
Was it serviced at a Triumph dealer Scrappy? If so, so much for "The Experts" eh mate! 🙄
Trapping a pipe like that is fairly excusable, if it's done by someone who has never worked on that model before. But not the main dealer FFS! 😏

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I was talking to a few guys around at Inveraray the other day and the subject of servicing came up and none of the guys present said they trusted anyone but themselves to service their bikes. Sad indictment of our faith in those allegedly qualified to work on our machines.

On another note there was guy turned up on the new Rocket 3 what the hell is meant to be the point of that Behemoth? Especially on British roads.

T

The Departed

Somewhere around leeds yesterday I came up behind a Ducati at the lights... Silly sausage tried to accelerate away from the lights and race...

Around a mile later when I was stopped having a piss, he came past me lol