What have you done to your bike today....

half ton

Legendary Knight
A few years back I used to do 3 day delivery runs for Sealeys , One of my journeys was down Marlborough,Chippenham,Bath and Bristol area, Heading Bath direction I was quite often attacked by those A10 tank buster / flying bedstead things,It was brilliant going along and watching them come over a hill and fly low straight at you ... then go round for another go

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
BBC News | SCOTLAND | Weather hampers jets search

But when it goes wrong it goes terribly wrong, I remember this incident well, I was on duty when it happened They had to pull in snowcats and haglund tracked vehicles to reach the remains and the seaking helicopter was also forced down due to severe snow and it spent the night on the mountains, the major concern for the Scottish government was contamination due to Avtur fuel and Hydraulic oils

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
There was also the crash at the Rest and Be Thankful when a Tornado from RAF Leuchars (where I was born) had a 'controlled flight into terrain' in 2009 with the loss of both crew. That ended all training sorties through this area.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I like the comment in the report that 'The navigator displayed a high level of concern for the aircraft's flight path in the last 2-2.5 seconds' I would imagine that translates to 'The navigator can clearly be heard screaming for the last two to two and a half seconds'. It appears that he also tried to eject but was too late.