What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Conclusive proof that ducks have balls!

I wouldn't be out in that. Gotta admit though, our road you can't even walk on it let alone ride or drive on it.
20201229_094216.jpgScreenshot_20201230-160820_Video Player.jpgI suspect your the same as us and don't get gritters or snow ploughs on the narrow lanes that lead to no where...Getting across the drive down the lane and onto the minor road which may or may not have been gritted when you get there is always our biggest problem...
Our first year here believe it or not the snow was higher than the walls going all the way down the lane and in places ten feet deep....
I love it here..just wish I had an old land rover defender for winter but way out my price range 😕

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I suspect your the same as us and don't get gritters or snow ploughs on the narrow lanes that lead to no where.
Well, we do. It's an A road we live by /near to. Single track and more holes than tarmac. But an A road. It's the getting to the A road that's the issue.

I was weighing up whether to go out the other morning, at around 7am. I saw the gritter heading my way, so stood on the verge to wait for it to slow down (in the hopes I could talk the twat into gritting our bit of road so it wouldn't turn into a skating rink. Bastard didn't stop) and his spreader is spinning like a mad thing, and no grit coming out. He just carried on his merry way.

So, the post van came down the drive, compressed the snow before I got chance to clear it (already done it three times this winter... Got to admit I have reached the point where I thought "fork everybody else, I can get out in the Landy") the next door neighbour has diverted run off water off his poxy arsed wee bit of pond to run onto the driveway, and into the yard. Minus 9 and now we have a skating rink. Can't even walk on the forkin thing. I went out in the Landy though, not even in 4wd. Fork the rest of em.

Too cold to work on the bike too.. Though I did turn the radiator up!

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
I’m beginning to feel a little frustrated after nearly 11 months without a ride,celibacy was a personal choice which I now regret.
I am looking forward to riding but not before a damn good wank.
I really couldn’t be arsed to fuck about with rides that couldn’t satisfy me,I’d prefer fuck all to very little.
When I go out I don’t want to think about petty shit fuddled crap,the mind has to be away from normal and engaged by your freedom of thought and distraction that takes you to a different place,whilst still sober, and all the while concentrating on the road ahead.
I’ve been drinking. Cheers!

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I’m beginning to feel a little frustrated after nearly 11 months without a ride,celibacy was a personal choice which I now regret.
I am looking forward to riding but not before a damn good wank.
I really couldn’t be arsed to fuck about with rides that couldn’t satisfy me,I’d prefer fuck all to very little.
When I go out I don’t want to think about petty shit fuddled crap,the mind has to be away from normal and engaged by your freedom of thought and distraction that takes you to a different place,whilst still sober, and all the while concentrating on the road ahead.
I’ve been drinking. Cheers!
Any more of that defeatist talk and you will be frogmarched back to TTF! I have thought a massed ride on Parliament would make a powerful anti lockdown statement and bikes can evade roadblocks so readily!

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
20210118_123132.jpg
Been out on the bike to order a new tyre...wanted to have a blast of my horn to let some old ducks know how sexy I am and my horn malfunctioned...I couldn't get it to work...the compressor is working fine and the tube aint blocked so the problem must be the horn...
Any body got any ideas as I've gave it a basic once over and can't see any snails or anything else that may block the horn...