What's Boiling Your Pi$$ Today?

GaleForceEight

Legendary Knight
Out in Berlin for the first time in 35 years. Mrs GF8 organised the trip for her and the kids but her cancer has taken a turn for the worse and she wasn't up to it, so I was under instruction to go. Found her a present - 2 grands worth of gold and diamond necklace with a cabochon ruby - which she doesn't know about yet.... Now she is bitching and whining about the cost of a phonecall I made to my brother in Spain when her cancer got more aggressive and I needed to speak with him because I was worried about her. What the fuck do I do? Thinking of saving the necklace for my niece when she gets married because I won't be whined at for bullshit and reward it.

Edit: The currywurst is as good as I remember it and I got to see Checkpoint Charlie from 'the other side' for the first time.....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
What utter bollox is this? Weather health alerts, it's barely average summer temperature FFS!

View attachment 30556
It's honestly becoming a case of..."The Kings New Clothes"...
Everyone except the likes of us seem to be playing along with all that boll#x! 😒

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
Out in Berlin for the first time in 35 years. Mrs GF8 organised the trip for her and the kids but her cancer has taken a turn for the worse and she wasn't up to it, so I was under instruction to go. Found her a present - 2 grands worth of gold and diamond necklace with a cabochon ruby - which she doesn't know about yet.... Now she is bitching and whining about the cost of a phonecall I made to my brother in Spain when her cancer got more aggressive and I needed to speak with him because I was worried about her. What the fuck do I do? Thinking of saving the necklace for my niece when she gets married because I won't be whined at for bullshit and reward it.

Edit: The currywurst is as good as I remember it and I got to see Checkpoint Charlie from 'the other side' for the first time.....
I'd give your wife the necklace.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Some ha ha's about my comment, GF8 was asking whether he should give his wife the necklace he bought and I think he should, hope my comment hasn't been misunderstood.
Don't worry Gazza.
Only those folk with an utterly filthy mind & less morals than an alley cat. Would think that you were offering to give Mrs GF8 a pearl necklace.
So you're perfectly fine mate.

NO WAIT!
I was thinking of another forum, with no deviants! 😳 😉

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
My friends dad was one of the ex servicemen at the D Day commemorations, got talked at by fishy nutsak, and when he came home he found that the care home he lives in is being closed, very few people left, temporary staff, one meal a day ...

Nobody seems to be interested in helping him either, British Legion aren't interested... I've made note of the associations mentioned above and will pass that along, but isn't it disgusting that a hero like that can be so poorly treated.

Makes me fucking sick.

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
My friends dad was one of the ex servicemen at the D Day commemorations, got talked at by fishy nutsak, and when he came home he found that the care home he lives in is being closed, very few people left, temporary staff, one meal a day ...

Nobody seems to be interested in helping him either, British Legion aren't interested... I've made note of the associations mentioned above and will pass that along, but isn't it disgusting that a hero like that can be so poorly treated.

Makes me fucking sick.
Not sure if this is of any use.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I just checked, he's spoken with the RBL, and they don't seem interested. Did you know basic care with them is £4k a month? He's tried Saafa, and is looking into Royal Star and Garter

It stinks. These guys and ladies put their life on the line for their country, and what do they get in return?

It's just wrong. We have ex service personnel, some with old injuries, physical and mental, living on the street, or unable to get the care and help they deserve, and we find homes for bloody immigrants. Priorities fucked up, much?

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The sad truth is that as long as we have had armies we have only ever really paid any attention to the soldiers, sailors and airmen while they were needed and, once they were declared U/S or too old the state doesn't want to know any more. Our standing army has always been considered by those in the middle classes as being contemptible, thuggish oiks who joined up because no-one else would employ them. That changed somewhat after WWII where even people amongst the middle classes were conscripted to fight and they came to accept that it just might be noble to fight for your country but, since Vietnam they have resorted to the opinion that those who serve are once more the thugs and dregs who look awfully frightful, violent and morally suspect when viewed from their ivory towers on the moral high ground.

The only way things will change is if those ivory towers are pulled down and their tennants are brought crashing down to ground level.