The Music Fans Thread

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
And on a Fast Show theme, I'd rather endlessly listen to this, than any hip hop
Without using a search engine or YouTube etc.
I bet you can't name three Cypress Hill tracks off the top of your head.
Therefore how do you know that you don't like their music? πŸ€”

A great example of my point is this...
Do you remember when you didn't like ANY kind of whiskey/whisky?

Keeping an open mind is always a good thing. Just saying mate, just saying πŸ˜‰

Scrappy

Legendary Knight

This is nothing like the Whiskey scenario, I just do not like hip hop, similarly I do not like most modern music, especially rap, garage, etc. IMO it is talentless, offensive to the senses, crap! - Hence why most of the music I listen to is either from the last millennium or rock.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member

In the interest of keeping an open mind I've just listened to several of their songs on YouTube, And I still think it sounds like crap.
I have however tried almost every kind of whisky/whiskey over the years, from regular blended stuff to highly recommended single malts, and I've visited various distilleries in Scotland and Ireland and they all taste like "drain cleaner" to me! Same goes for Guinness, even in Ireland.
Now, where are my '70s glam rock LPs?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
This is nothing like the Whiskey scenario, I just do not like hip hop, similarly I do not like most modern music, especially rap, garage, etc. IMO it is talentless, offensive to the senses, crap! - Hence why most of the music I listen to is either from the last millennium or rock.
So you're dismissing it as "crap" without listening to it πŸ‘
There's a very good chance that you'll think their tracks are crap. But deciding without trying is daft! πŸ˜’

Don the Don

Legendary Knight

I applaud your willingness to have an open mind, but an old fart like myself, who is bigoted, biased, intolerant, and a down right bastard to boot, finds it hard to like most modern music or cultures around them especially hip hop or rap [crap] a lot who just bastardise good songs "example" killing me softly by Roberta Flack fugging ruined by the fugees with some shite talking on it, and many others who just rip of tunes, I'll calm down now........fuggin turds

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I applaud your willingness to have an open mind, but an old fart like myself, who is bigoted, biased, intolerant, and a down right bastard to boot, finds it hard to like most modern music or cultures around them especially hip hop or rap [crap] a lot who just bastardise good songs "example" killing me softly by Roberta Flack fugging ruined by the fugees with some shite talking on it, and many others who just rip of tunes, I'll calm down now........fuggin turds
I don't like Hip Hop in general. I just happen to like Cypress Hill & a few similar bands.
Same as I don't like most Rap but I do like a lot of Eminem's stuff.

I think Rap Metal is great, but plenty of folk think it f#cks up both genres simultaneously. See what you think, but I won't hold my breath for a positive response 🀣...

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I'll listen to most things from all over the world from Mongolian rock music, medieval singing, brass bands, banjos, classical and bagpipes to Rockabilly, Jazz, blues, Dixieland, Punk, Psychobilly and Death metal but the one thing I can't stand is folks talking utter shite ten to the dozen over a beat and calling it music and I haven't listened to or know much of any music produced after 2000. Does that make me intolerant? Close Minded? Set in ways? Yes I suppose so but I don't give a fuck I likes what I like and the rest can go fuck itself.

To be honest too I don't really listen to much music these days but I do blow me own trumpet for an hour or two a day and thrash my guitar in a Rockabilly/psychobilly style for an hour or two too. That way I make the kind of music I like, oh and I am often heard bawling out an old Elvis, Buddy, Cochran, Gene Vincent number and I am even known to growl out a spot of Motorhead, Black Sabbath and Bon Scott era ACDC when the mood takes me