What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Cheers @smib The bike was registered in January 2001 and was in the green and silver paint but I changed her over to the 2002 blue and silver scheme. I believe she is one of the first three that rolled off the line (a fellow on Facebook has a certificate from Triumph verifying that his was fourth off the line and my Frame number is lower than his so I am assuming she is from the first three and maybe she was the first but her paint was tired and so I picked up a new and unused set of bodywork/tank that had been taken off a 2002 model which the factory re-kitted in Golden Jubilee edition outfit and had lain unused in it's box until I bought it last year.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
The sensation of speed, the adrenalin rush, those Jesus WTF moments reminds me I'm alive considering I feel deas most of it. It's not that I want to kill myself; more, as said, know I can.
I kind of get it, you never feel more alive then when you could die any second, but that doesn't mean I have a death-wish, I do that stuff on track now & ride reasonably steady on the road.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Waiting on the insurance report, but lights and tank alone is near £1k
If it is a write off I would inquire about buy back depending on what's wrong, it would make a great track bike if the forks and frame are OK, then again that just gives you another problem, how do you get it to the track ....

I guess by now the bruising is all coming out nicely & you are feeling pretty sore, ribs are painful but normally heal fairly quick, broke ribs a few times in my MX days & it never kept me out the game long, have you got to have the shoulder pinned?

T

The Departed

If it is a write off I would inquire about buy back depending on what's wrong, it would make a great track bike if the forks and frame are OK, then again that just gives you another problem, how do you get it to the track ....

I guess by now the bruising is all coming out nicely & you are feeling pretty sore, ribs are painful but normally heal fairly quick, broke ribs a few times in my MX days & it never kept me out the game long, have you got to have the shoulder pinned?

I have enough muscle to not need it pinning, pretty sure they mean fat lol. If it's written off, someone already offered to buy it in its present condition, guessing for repairs or track.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Having fitted a Power Booster to Bonnie I gave her a good run today and must say what a difference it has made to the running of the bike, the throttle is now clean and crisp to operate without the snatchiness associated to EFI motors, it was easier to control in slow movement and picked up her skirts and responded to rev's nice and clean just like a carb motor so I must say she was a good purchase.
DSCF0430.JPG

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Today........

I have my sprint running again. Albeit on an auxiliary tank, but the starter is replaced, I swapped that bloody stupid torx screw out for a stud, and put a nut on... Still awkward to get at, but waaaaay easier than a torx screw. Tank on later after I'm sure there are no coolant leaks, then I'll get the air pipes back on and the panels. Then test ride.

The starter was a bastard to get off. As I surmised it was just the O ring that was holding it in. Managed to get my right hand on the inboard end of the starter, and left hand on the outer end, twist and push/pull. Pulled new one back in with the bolts, hooked up the battery, flicked the key, and bingo! Thank fork.

I guess it will be the brushes etc on the starter that have gone west. I might get a rebuild kit, and see if I can sort it for a spare.