What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Yep you were lucky, I put the word out to some of my Uncles on the border as they were looking out for some fresh meat, The three goats they share the house with are getting a little choosy at bedtime so you would have been a welcome change (they aint fussy😁 ) Uncle Julie thought he smelt a Noramton dweller a couple o miles away but you'd gone when they got there
I saw eyes in the hedge several times HT.
It was like a remake of "The Hills Have Eyes"
Only the cyclops version, with more digits per hand & weird accents.
The car seller asked me where I was heading back to? When I said Northampton he freaked out about the "new road" out of town that ruined the "local" economy/culture! 😳

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Took the Daytona out - no probs.

It even started OK after I had a cuppa and I filled up with petrol.

Engine management light came on though when I revved it to the limiter at one point. Will see if that simply disappears again after 3 on-off cycles.

Didn't leave any thing to chance though - managed to bungy on starter battery pack just in case!

DS

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Why bother with the clean and shox if you're only using it for the one bank job?
One likes to keep up appearances young Sandy 🙂
Besides, it wouldn't be high up my list of getaway cars. Unless I could load it into a time machine & go robbing banks in the 1950's.
It has a lot of things going for it mate. But 0-60mph in 10 seconds isn't one of them! 😳

chas

Legendary Knight
Took the Daytona out - no probs.

It even started OK after I had a cuppa and I filled up with petrol.

Engine management light came on though when I revved it to the limiter at one point. Will see if that simply disappears again after 3 on-off cycles.

Didn't leave any thing to chance though - managed to bungy on starter battery pack just in case!

DS
did you manage to fathom why the batt drained to nowt the other day?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I seem to remember the MGB did 0-60 in 10.8 seconds and the Morgan +8 was blindingly fast at about 6 seconds……like the current MX-5. A Tiger 1050 is a sluggish 3.3 secs.
Vehicles that were bedroom wall poster material 50yrs ago. Would be destroyed in the performance dept by a modern mid range hatchback.

BTW...
A Tiger 1050 is nearly as quick as an ASBO 😉

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Broken it!

Was squeezing in an extended lunchtime blast on the Dayt, but the display went all funny before showing nothing not even revs, although the neutral and indicator lights were working.

Then it just died as I waited to turn into a junction - fortunately only a couple of hundred yards from home.

Popped back, got out of kit and pushed it back.

Now on battery charger in garage, then see what happens.

Decided to squeeze a ride in as I saw the weather forecast for this weekend - perfect weather for tinkering in the garage!

DS
Had that happen on my sprint...Replacement alternator solved the issue....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Checked fuses and replaced the one to the lights, which wasn't blown but looked damaged, and the charging system one, which I couldn't tell if was blown or not but was definitely browned in places.

Across the battery I got 12.4V, 12.2.8 when switched on but not running, and 11.9, declining, when switched lights on when not running.

Then started her up and got 13.8, and 13.7 when with lights on.

That sounds all good, doesn't it?

DS
Mine was exactly the same but the same thing kept happening anyway and would happen whenever I was in the middle of nowhere

T

The Departed

Just had a text, bikes written off. Now waiting for the assessor to tell me how much I should get. Looking online £4500 - £5500 with the mileage etc.

I need to offer him up to buy it back to strip down parts and sell on, anyone done this and how much do you offer?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Just had a text, bikes written off. Now waiting for the assessor to tell me how much I should get. Looking online £4500 - £5500 with the mileage etc.

I need to offer him up to buy it back to strip down parts and sell on, anyone done this and how much do you offer?

How are you doing now? - I was going to say, still sore, but with you that could mean something else entirely 😜

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
A memory aid

Bear in mind if they classify it C or worse that would appear on future V5s and impact resale value. A Cat D you fix yourself can be invisible……. The assessor should advise on buy back options.