What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
However I have decided to run through the routine of checking leads plugs air filter and such and discovered a hose which as come off...now I know the clip that secures that as lost a bit of its torqueness...could this have come loose on my last couple of offs and completely disconnected on the when I got sent home from school for being naughty on Friday....

Question for you all...Would that hose being disconnected stop the bike from firing up???
20210207_103929.jpg20210207_104155.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
However I have decided to run through the routine of checking leads plugs air filter and such and discovered a hose which as come off...now I know the clip that secures that as lost a bit of its torqueness...could this have come loose on my last couple of offs and completely disconnected on the when I got sent home from school for being naughty on Friday....

Question for you all...Would that hose being disconnected stop the bike from firing up???
View attachment 3364View attachment 3365
Anything is possible Duck, connect it properly and try again

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I've cleaned everything...All plugs leads connectors...Put it all back together and still the same...Turns over but won't fire up...
I've cleaned the side stand switch as that as been an issue in the past but still the same....Any ideas please people....

Im flummoxed...🤔

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Fuel pump relay...I can't remember if I had an issue with that before...
Hmmmm...which ones a Fuel pump relay and how do you test one...
Hold on is the fuel pump relay the one directly behind the battery?
20210207_135343.jpg

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I've just been out and looking at that...How do you test one??
Not sure which one is the fuel pump relay mate? If you don't have a workshop/Haynes manual. Unplug them one at a time & give the contacts a clean before giving them a gentle tap on a flat surface.
That ain't very scientific but it's what I'd try Duck.
Ensure the ignition is off before removing them or reinstalling them.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Not sure which one is the fuel pump relay mate? If you don't have a workshop/Haynes manual. Unplug them one at a time & give the contacts a clean before giving them a gentle tap on a flat surface.
That ain't very scientific but it's what I'd try Duck.
Esure the ignition is off before removing them or reinstalling them.
Will give it a whirl now....

Last edited:

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Im going to have to order a new fuel relay and just hope that's the issue...If not at least I will have a shiny new relay...
None on Fleabay so I guess I gotta bite the bullet and pay 10 zillion pounds awkward parcel size delivery charge 😳

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Im going to have to order a new fuel relay and just hope that's the issue...If not at least I will have a shiny new relay...
None on Fleabay so I guess I gotta bite the bullet and pay 10 zillion pounds awkward parcel size delivery charge 😳
Once you've identified the correct relay.
Make a note of the numbers on it & bang them into Google/Ebay.
The same spec relay could be used to control the headlamp washers on a Jag or the rear window wiper on a Lada?
In other words a relay is a relay Duck. Triumph don't have them specially made to control the fuel pump on a 1999 Sprint.