What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well today I wasn't nearly as intrepid as Duck but I did take the rear mudguard off my blue Bonnie as one of the indicators had come loose and you need to take the whole light cluster apart to tighten it's nuts. Threadlock applied and nuts tightened. Re-fitted the tail unit and checked everything was working and all was good. Tested again and rear light wasn't coming on although brake light was. Went to take the lens off and discovered that a previous owner had tightened it so much that the screw had cracked off the lens around it. After removing it I could see that the bulb had blown. Fortunately I have a spare rear light cluster and so replaced the lens and bulb and all is good now. I have to say that these rear lights and indicators on the Bonnies your and old are pretty cheap and nasty. One of my bikes came to me with one of the indicator lenses glued in because the screwposts for the lens, that also secure the reflector in place had broken away and the lens of another broke off in my ownership although it may already have been damaged and just happened to finally give up the ghost.

I also took the bar clamp off one of my Bonnie's, and stripped the lacquer off as it had shrunken and crazed and then polished the alloy up.

smib

Legendary Knight
Electric pedelec. 750w 48v motor. 1 Whole horse power(not UK legal... Whoops). 17ah battery gives a range of about 35 - 40 miles. Bought the motor and battery as a kit and fitted to my On-One Inbred mountain bike. The motor and controller can be programmed with a laptop. Currently everything is maxed out and pushing out close to 1450 Watts. Gives a top speed of around 33 - 35 mph.
Haven't found a hill I can't climb yet

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Electric pedelec. 750w 48v motor. 1 Whole horse power(not UK legal... Whoops). 17ah battery gives a range of about 35 - 40 miles. Bought the motor and battery as a kit and fitted to my On-One Inbred mountain bike. The motor and controller can be programmed with a laptop. Currently everything is maxed out and pushing out close to 1450 Watts. Gives a top speed of around 33 - 35 mph.
Haven't found I can't climb yet
So it's set at 28-30 mph :whistle: Do you have problems with the battery freezing due to cold as some do and charging issues?

smib

Legendary Knight
So it's set at 28-30 mph :whistle: Do you have problems with the battery freezing due to cold as some do and charging issues?
With the display and controller I've got you can set your theoretical max speed at anything up to 99mph! Obviously gearing and external factors determine you max speed. I keep the batteries indoors and charge them there. When out cycling the batteries tend to heat up a little, due to the high amperage being used when pushing hard