What have you done to your bike today....

T

The Departed

Had to go...someone is interested in it as possibly a project..If it ain't suitable I told them to take it to the breakers yard..if they get a few quid for it good luck to them...
My life as never been about making loads of money..just enough for a roof over my head and a bit of food on a plate and that's all I really ever hope for in life..The rest is a bonus if it happens...👍🦆

Said no working class person ever.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Bit of a blast on the Daytona - this time the test was to get the Engine Management Light to come on by hitting the rev limiter.

I succeeded :)

Checking the OBD code when I got back revealed P0536 - excessive voltage in the system

So it is overcharging the battery at very high revs.

I guess this explains the melted fuses.

The R/R was replaced by a previous owner, but it should work at those revs, shouldn't it?

TBH I don't ride in that part of the rev range, especially with the dropped front sprocket, so I'm not sure if it is a problem or not.

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Since I bought my Daytona I haven't put even a thousand miles on her yet and she has -

Popped a fuel line and left me standing at the side of the road covered in petrol (To be fair the mechanic (me) couldn't have checked the clips had engaged properly last time I had the tank off).
Had to have the LSL handlebar conversion removed as I hated it which meant buying a special tool to fit the yoke nut from an Aftermarket tools company (which was badly made and I had to re-work to use for the job).
Fried her regulator/rectifier blowing the Main fuse so I had to swap the charging fuse into the Main fuse slot and get home on the battery alone.
I've now changed the sprockets as, with the standard gearing she is too refined and not 'mental'.
I now near a new rear tyre.

Basically she has cost me quite a few bucks on top of the purchase price and has needed a reasonable amount of time getting her 'sorted' but she is still a great bike and I don't intend getting rid of her. Plenty fast enough, I like the rich dark Aston green paint and her overall looks and I find her pretty comfortable apart from feeling slightly squashed which should be sorted if I find a set of footpegs that can move my feet just a wee bit farther back. Oddly she is nowhere near the 'mental' levels of the Black Sprint RS I have since broken. I don't know if someone had monkeyed with that bike as she didn't have the correct engine according to the logbook but it didn't look modified in any way when I dismantled it. She certainly was running five extra teeth at the rear but I am not sure even that accounted for the vertigo inducing acceleration it was capable of. Weird. One of these days I must contact the guy I bought it off and find out if there was anything unusual about the engine or engine management on it. Certainly the guy is a mechanic by trade and a track day nut who goes all round Britain to race.

chas

Legendary Knight
I think one of the problems picking these 'older bargains' up is they freak out when they start getting used a bit. My Triple covered 300 miles a year between MoTs for the three years before I bought it. Much of the stuff I've had to work through is just down to, not quite neglect, maybe the shock of having to lift it's skirts and work for a living.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I think one of the problems picking these 'older bargains' up is they freak out when they start getting used a bit. My Triple covered 300 miles a year between MoTs for the three years before I bought it. Much of the stuff I've had to work through is just down to, not quite neglect, maybe the shock of having to lift it's skirts and work for a living.
A slightly unfortunate turn of phrase. Bad enough being a bike but a hooker?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Did some electrickery... and it worked! 😲

Made a new loom for the rear lights and indicators, used a proper connector to plug straight in to the Guzzi's main loom, I even thought to have a spare lead on the rear light circuit, which I can use to connect a relay for heated grips in the future 🙂. I'm not usually good at electrics, but I'm quite proud of myself, looks smart and professional, and most importantly everything works! 😆

chas

Legendary Knight
Did some electrickery... and it worked! 😲

Made a new loom for the rear lights and indicators, used a proper connector to plug straight in to the Guzzi's main loom, I even thought to have a spare lead on the rear light circuit, which I can use to connect a relay for heated grips in the future 🙂. I'm not usually good at electrics, but I'm quite proud of myself, looks smart and professional, and most importantly everything works! 😆
We need to talk about those black sidepanels btw.

Not to plant a seed but they jar like fuck with me. I'd prefer them tank colourmatched but that may be difficult.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
We need to talk about those black sidepanels btw.

Not to plant a seed but they jar like fuck with me. I'd prefer them tank colourmatched but that may be difficult.

I'm ok with them for the time being. However I far prefer gloss to matt paint on bikes, hence why I mentioned a possible future paint job in the other thread. If I do get the paint done, then that may include the side panels and mudguards as well as the tank :unsure: