What have you done to your bike today....

T

The Departed

I bought a set from that seller for a KTM 690 Duke I had. Very good quality plastics and good stainless fixings. As good as R&G.

Are you anticipating another 📴😏

Just in case my arm can't hold the f.ker up next week she comes, and I have to manoeuvre her from A to B, lol

I use an ABBA stand so I don't need the rear or fronts but at that price, it doesn't hurt.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233490479524 appears to be the same material as the ridiculously priced R&G, any thoughts?
You will not go wrong buying crash mushrooms from that guy.
He's made custom one off crash mushrooms for me in the past. When I've needed them for Streetfighters that originally had a fairing.

Edit...
More recently I purchased mushrooms for what is now Ducks Versys.
One arrived with a minuscule but annoying mark.
I contacted the seller & he immediately offered a replacement with no questions asked.
To sweeten the deal for both of us (as he was supplying a new mushroom & paying the postage) I offered to pay for a spare for the undamaged side.
Long story short, the seller appreciated the gesture & only charged me an additional £15.
Consequently, Duck now has two full sets 🙂
He's a good bloke & I can't recommend his products & customer service highly enough.

Last edited:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Today I took a spin down the old Loch Long road then round to the Haul Road (built to haul the Missiles over from the Loch Lomond road to Faslane) and back up Lomond side and home. Only one picture I'm afraid taken at Loch Long looking over the Loch to The Saddle peak (My village is a few miles the other side of the mountain). Looks really rural and peaceful but to my Left is Finnart Oil Terminal, with a large Tanker in off-loading, behind me are the camouflaged tanks to hold the fuel (painted during WWII to hide them from the Germans) and to my right a mile or so up the road is the loading dock for Defence Munitions Glen Douglas.
LochLongBonnie.jpg

I have to say we don't do 'tourism' very well in Scotland as there are few places to stop where you get a really good view of the beautiful scenery. On the Haul Road there are two places which afford great views and would be spectacular at this time of year, one looking over Faslane and surrounds and one looking over Loch Lomond and surrounds and both are shut to the public because they are using them to hold gravel for roadworks though there is no sign of the roadworks it's for!

Last edited:

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Just in case my arm can't hold the f.ker up next week she comes, and I have to manoeuvre her from A to B, lol

I use an ABBA stand so I don't need the rear or fronts but at that price, it doesn't hurt.

It may increase your insurance premium. When I was insuring my Bonneville I was chatting with the salesman as I could believe pillion cover made my insurance cheaper, and he told me that if you have crash protection, engine bars etc, then many underwriters regard you as a higher risk

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
It may increase your insurance premium. When I was insuring my Bonneville I was chatting with the salesman as I could believe pillion cover made my insurance cheaper, and he told me that if you have crash protection, engine bars etc, then many underwriters regard you as a higher risk
I think their "logic" is that if crash protection products dig in during a high speed slide. They could twist the frame or flip the bike?
Some insurance companies are happy to sing from that hymn sheet & ignore the benefits of crash protected in low speed offs.
Whilst allowing people to spend £100's on products that reduce the risk of a claim. Then increasing their premium for doing so.
Insurance companies are parasites that want it all their own way, all the time!

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I think their "logic" is that if crash protection products dig in during a high speed slide. They could twist the frame or flip the bike?
Some insurance companies are happy to sing from that hymn sheet & ignore the benefits of crash protected in low speed offs.
Whilst allowing people to spend £100's on products that reduce the risk of a claim. Then increasing their premium for doing so.
Insurance companies are parasites that want it all their own way, all the time!

Or the logic could be that you are anticipating dropping the bike at some point, or possibly that having crash protection might you a little less cautious :unsure:

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Or the logic could be that you are anticipating dropping the bike at some point, or possibly that having crash protection might you a little less cautious :unsure:
I guess that's possible, but less likely.
But anyone spending money protecting their bike from a possibility. Is (in my book) a cautious person. And insurance companies like to insure cautious people.

But obviously, they still reserve the right to hunt with the hounds & run with the fox.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I am not convinced of the effectiveness of Crash Bungs. It strikes me that, while plastics are expensive they skid better and crash bungs are more likely to knacker whatever they are mounted onto or send the bike flipping along the road. Maybe if they were made like trolley wheels or castors they would allow the bike to roll along on it's side but, of course that then creates the possibility of the bike rolling along at speed until it hits an immovable object. I guess the best thing to do is try your best not to fall off as, crash bungs or no crash bungs, chances are things are going to get demolished.