What have you done to your bike today....

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I am not convinced of the effectiveness of Crash Bungs. It strikes me that, while plastics are expensive they skid better and crash bungs are more likely to knacker whatever they are mounted onto or send the bike flipping along the road. Maybe if they were made like trolley wheels or castors they would allow the bike to roll along on it's side but, of course that then creates the possibility of the bike rolling along at speed until it hits an immovable object. I guess the best thing to do is try your best not to fall off as, crash bungs or no crash bungs, chances are things are going to get demolished.
Me neither. I think they probably show better than they go whereas cover plates might help on track. To my mind it’s an extension of customisation but I suspect any insurance reservations are driven by what it tends to say about the well’ard riding style of too many who fit them…a supposition, but not an unreasonable one taken as an average.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Rode it!

Did the prescription run. For Mrs Big Sandy only. Fork everybody else. Anyhoo, one item short, not in and to be delivered later. Oh dear, I'm a gonna have to ride out again!

Cracking day here... 20° in the shade. Finished painting the Landy bonnet.

Screenshot_20210723_152145.jpg

Haven't put the grille on straight in that pic.

Last edited:

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
A bit of a bimble on the GS.

Been riding the Daytona a lot recently and it's interesting comparing the two - the GS is more comfortable and simply does what you want, whereas the Dayt needs more work and is less comfortable, but rewards in other ways.

I must've done something good in a previous life to get such wonderful toys :)

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I'm just back from a spin on my Daytona. Gawd it's too hot out there! Like riding into a giant hair dryer on a hot setting. I must admit, having been out on the Bonnie yesterday I was finding it difficult to adjust my head to the difference in revs needed with the Bonnie's hitting the red line at nine thousand and sounding mellow where the Daytona needs to scream way past that. I find myself changing up before I am really into the power or even close to the red line.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Had a great ride out on the Guzzi 😁 They have their faults, and can be a little bit rough riding around town, but its sublime on country roads and through the twisties, so much fun. If the new 850 is a bit more refined, as I've read, then if I were forced to only have one bike that might be it 🤔. I'm finding the Guzzi to be somewhere between the Bonneville and Monster, for me it has qualities of both that I like,

IMG_20210723_171339200_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210723_171430280_HDR.jpg

Stopped to get dinner again on the way home 😋

IMG_20210723_181806026_HDR.jpg

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Had a great ride out on the Guzzi 😁 They have their faults, and can be a little bit rough riding around town, but its sublime on country roads and through the twisties, so much fun. If the new 850 is a bit more refined, as I've read, then if I were forced to only have one bike that might be it 🤔. I'm finding the Guzzi to be somewhere between the Bonneville and Monster, for me it has qualities of both that I like,

View attachment 8739
View attachment 8740

View attachment 8741
Honorable Ken Sing will fink u wun the wottery 🙂

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight

View attachment 8739
View attachment 8740

View attachment 8741
I like the styling of that. 😊 It's quite retro looking.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Rode it!

Did the prescription run. For Mrs Big Sandy only. Fork everybody else. Anyhoo, one item short, not in and to be delivered later. Oh dear, I'm a gonna have to ride out again!

Cracking day here... 20° in the shade. Finished painting the Landy bonnet.

View attachment 8737

Haven't put the grille on straight in that pic.
Would you use this?
Or is it a bit poncy?
It isn't new, but it's free to a good home Sandy.
20210723_202104.jpg