What have you done to your bike today....

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Today I put £7.4 down and except delivery Wednesday. Still can't use my left arm properly but eh, is what it is. I'm a motorcyclist lol
Probably belongs in the War Story thread but between the Wars (that’s World 1st & 2nd for younger members) in Crieff Perthshire there was a chap with left arm issues.

His had been shot off in the 14-18 but he raced around on a sidecar outfit. His name was Davidson but everyone knew him as ‘Wingy’.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Had a great ride out on the Guzzi 😁 They have their faults, and can be a little bit rough riding around town, but its sublime on country roads and through the twisties, so much fun. If the new 850 is a bit more refined, as I've read, then if I were forced to only have one bike that might be it 🤔. I'm finding the Guzzi to be somewhere between the Bonneville and Monster, for me it has qualities of both that I like,

View attachment 8739
View attachment 8740

Stopped to get dinner again on the way home 😋

View attachment 8741
Great pics as always @Scrappy , you should start eating at Luigi's be getting some discount on the Italion exotica you own now mate

Ron

Legendary Knight
I took the vulcan down for it's enhanced MOT and it passed with flying colors. It is now registered and entirely street legal. I need to take it back for the MOT sticker next week. I also have a potential buyer for Scarlett. He is coming to look at her Sunday

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I took the vulcan down for it's enhanced MOT and it passed with flying colors. It is now registered and entirely street legal. I need to take it back for the MOT sticker next week. I also have a potential buyer for Scarlett. He is coming to look at her Sunday
I sounds like all your hard work payed off then mate 🙂
It's a shame that Scarlett needs to go. But if the Vulcan suits you better, that's cool 🙂

Ron

Legendary Knight
I sounds like all your hard work payed off then mate 🙂
It's a shame that Scarlett needs to go. But if the Vulcan suits you better, that's cool 🙂
I found myself getting a we bit emotional as I gathered up all the extra parts and stuff for Scarlett.
I think I lucked out in the potential buyer as he is a huge Hinckley fan and has a trident that he is restoring.
AS least I know she will be going to loving owner.

chas

Legendary Knight

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
My idiot boss has a WMIK. You'd love it

It's got an airsoft fifty cal on the gun ring.
Idiot? Certainly more sad than bad….

The WMIK needed tuning for the 50 cal unlike the GPMG because the former is recoil operated rather than gas. The spring damping in the mount wasn‘t harsh enough to keep the 50 cal firing. It absorbed too much recoil…. No such problems with a toy! 🙄

chas

Legendary Knight
Idiot? Certainly more sad than bad….

The WMIK needed tuning for the 50 cal unlike the GPMG because the former is recoil operated rather than gas. The spring damping in the mount wasn‘t harsh enough to keep the 50 cal firing. It absorbed too much recoil…. No such problems with a toy! 🙄
He is the *worst* kind of 'military enthusiast' A total Fuckmook.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
They scare me with their puerile gung ho attitude. I knew one such who scraped through Sandhurst but his regiment couldn’t mature him so quickly retired him. The poor sod died in Afghanistan in agony having posed as a mine clearance whizz (he wasn’t) and incinerated himself beyond competent medical aid. He took several days to die I later found out,