What have you done to your bike today....

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
No, out of the village on the Surrenden Estate toward Ashford.

Tangentially I keep meaning to mooch down the lane opposite The Standard to see if Dave Camier is still around
Yeah just looked them up, opposite end of the village!
Could be worth a wander around, although Dave must be nearly in his seventies/eighties by now :oops:
I was going to say does Old Man Fuller still drive around in his Rolls peering over the steering wheel - then it occurred he’d be about 120 if he was:D
How time flies ……

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Created a compact punture repair kit. I wanted a kit, like the one below, to carry in my backpack if I was going on a long run, but did'nt like the idea of being stabbed by the tools in the event of an off.

81DoagjSe3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So I created this...

IMG_20210729_205534547.jpg
IMG_20210729_205556481.jpg
IMG_20210729_205634690.jpgIMG_20210729_210041729.jpg

Got a small length of aluminium bar, drilled and tapped it. Removed the handles off the original tools, then cut them down slightly and put a thread on the ends. Brought a small aluminium canister to contain it all, and I now have a small easily portable kit that isn't likely to impale me.

Now one of you is going to tell me that someone has already produced something similar, and I simply could have purchased one :rolleyes: 😁

smib

Legendary Knight
Created a compact punture repair kit. I wanted a kit, like the one below, to carry in my backpack if I was going on a long run, but did'nt like the idea of being stabbed by the tools in the event of an off.

View attachment 8995

So I created this...

View attachment 8996
View attachment 8997
View attachment 8998View attachment 8999

Got a small length of aluminium bar, drilled and tapped it. Removed the handles off the original tools, then cut them down slightly and put a thread on the ends. Brought a small aluminium canister to contain it all, and I now have a small easily portable kit that isn't likely to impale me.

Now one of you is going to tell me that someone has already produced something similar, and I simply could have purchased one :rolleyes: 😁
Surely you could have bought something like that ready made😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

View attachment 8995

So I created this...

View attachment 8996
View attachment 8997
View attachment 8998View attachment 8999

I've always thought they were the ultimate/dangerous tyre bodge.
Then recently I watched a load of YouTube videos on them.
They are highly respected by loads of folk & seemingly do a fantastic job 🙂
There was a video of a motocross bike that had a tree branch through the sidewall & out through the tread.
The guy had shoved what looked like 10 of those sticky strips into the two holes. The tyre held its air & he rode the bike home 😳
There was another video of a guy deliberately puncturing the same car tyre 100 times & plugging the holes with those strips.
I wouldn't recommend doing either of those things to prove a point. But I now have confidence that one of them is far better/safer than I imagined they'd be 🙂