What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I saw a comparison on YouTube of the Muc Off, GT85, and ACF50 and ACF50 came out a bit better than GT85 and both were a lot better than Muc Off in stopping corrosion especially in winter
Although the Muc Off stuff does smell nice :)

Yes I saw a comparison done by the chap from Bennetts, and if I rode when there was salt on the roads then I'd use ACF50, but XCP Clear Coat is less sticky than ACF50 and doesn't hold the dust/dirt like ACF50 can. And yes the Muc Off stuff does smell nice 😄 but Duck might think it smells like a tart or poofter 😂

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
I get a geezer to do the GS professionally with it twice a year - only cleaning it gets.

He gets it showroom clean then does every inch of the bike.

In winter I use an alternative to ACF 50 which is supposed to work better but looks a bit shittier as it holds dirt even more, but I can't remember its name/number at the mo.

DS

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Yes I saw a comparison done by the chap from Bennetts, and if I rode when there was salt on the roads then I'd use ACF50, but XCP Clear Coat is less sticky than ACF50 and doesn't hold the dust/dirt like ACF50 can. And yes the Muc Off stuff does smell nice 😄 but Duck might think it smells like a tart or poofter 😂
Hey don't drag me into your homophobic pink poofters perfume fragrance analysis of different anti shit deflecting lubricants 🤯🦆
P.s. I used the word analysis because it's got the word anal in it to prove I ain't homophobic 🤣🤣🤣😳👍👍👍🦆

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Nice long ride round the Darybshire Dales with my older neighbour.

Rained regularly, but a couple of cuppas and cake along the way helped keep our spirits up.

He set the route and led this ride , and was a bit slow at times - reluctant to overtake, partly through not being in the best position for visibility.

Interestingly, he says he likes riding with me as I am happy to ride at a pace he likes. So I reckon I give him a bit of a tow and encourage him to make a bit more progress.

Will subtly slip something in about not following vehicles too closely if we plan to overtake next time we pop out for a beer.

DS

T

The Departed

Nice long ride round the Darybshire Dales with my older neighbour.

Rained regularly, but a couple of cuppas and cake along the way helped keep our spirits up.

He set the route and led this ride , and was a bit slow at times - reluctant to overtake, partly through not being in the best position for visibility.

Interestingly, he says he likes riding with me as I am happy to ride at a pace he likes. So I reckon I give him a bit of a tow and encourage him to make a bit more progress.

Will subtly slip something in about not following vehicles too closely if we plan to overtake next time we pop out for a beer.

DS

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm can i cum next time?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I realised a few days ago that the service on my Guzzi that I was praising a couple of weeks ago perhaps wasn't as good value as I had initially thought. Looking through the invoice it basically looks like they just replaced the engine oil and filter, did some basic checks, checked the dianostics and that was about it.

Since then I've replaced the transmission oil, the gear box oil, replaced various fixings that were looking a bit crappy, and replaced the engine sump bolt and washer (because it was leaking after the service 🙄).

Then today before my trip away, I swapped the air filter for a K&N replacement and fitted new spark plugs. When I removed the old filter there was a load of gunk in the airbox, I sucked nearly 250cc of the crap out in a syringe 😲 and then cleaned everything before fitting the new filter. The Guzzi workshop manual states that the plug gap should be between 0.6mm and 0.7mm, both the new plugs and the old ones had a gap of at least 0.85mm 🤔 so initially I had planned to set the gap to 0.65mm but opted for 0.7mm. I'm assuming that when the plugs were last changed they were probably just fitted straight out the box without being checked.

Should I be concerned about the amount of crap in the airbox? (other than it obviously must have taken some time to accumulate and the bike has been serviced twice in the last few months) - And would there be any reason for intentionally setting a larger spark plug gap? 🤔

Took the bike for a test ride and it seems to be running great 👍

Makes you realise that a reasonably competent home mechanic is probably likely to take more care with their bike and look after the basics better than a dealer.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I realised a few days ago that the service on my Guzzi that I was praising a couple of weeks ago perhaps wasn't as good value as I had initially thought. Looking through the invoice it basically looks like they just replaced the engine oil and filter, did some basic checks, checked the dianostics and that was about it.

Since then I've replaced the transmission oil, the gear box oil, replaced various fixings that were looking a bit crappy, and replaced the engine sump bolt and washer (because it was leaking after the service 🙄).

Then today before my trip away, I swapped the air filter for a K&N replacement and fitted new spark plugs. When I removed the old filter there was a load of gunk in the airbox, I sucked nearly 250cc of the crap out in a syringe 😲 and then cleaned everything before fitting the new filter. The Guzzi workshop manual states that the plug gap should be between 0.6mm and 0.7mm, both the new plugs and the old ones had a gap of at least 0.85mm 🤔 so initially I had planned to set the gap to 0.65mm but opted for 0.7mm. I'm assuming that when the plugs were last changed they were probably just fitted straight out the box without being checked.

Should I be concerned about the amount of crap in the airbox? (other than it obviously must have taken some time to accumulate and the bike has been serviced twice in the last few months) - And would there be any reason for intentionally setting a larger spark plug gap? 🤔

Took the bike for a test ride and it seems to be running great 👍

Makes you realise that a reasonably competent home mechanic is probably likely to take more care with their bike and look after the basics better than a dealer.
Crap in the air box eh.
How often does the manual recommend that? And is it best to remove the air box & take it somewhere private? Or is it possible to use a step ladder & still achieve a direct hit whilst it's still fitted to the bike? 🤔

Those Italians are weird f#ckers Scrappy! 🥴