What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Finally Lee guided me to Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum.

IMG_20210904_130048510_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_131134904.jpg
    IMG_20210904_131134904.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210904_130444426.jpg
    IMG_20210904_130444426.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210904_134124199.jpg
    IMG_20210904_134124199.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210904_133912986.jpg
    IMG_20210904_133912986.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210904_131319701.jpg
    IMG_20210904_131319701.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210904_131148241.jpg
    IMG_20210904_131148241.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210904_133752098.jpg
    IMG_20210904_133752098.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210904_133338823.jpg
    IMG_20210904_133338823.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210904_132441322.jpg
    IMG_20210904_132441322.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Today, well I suppose it's yesterday now, I stripped the wiring loom off my yellow Triumph Sprint, replaced it with the one from my old black Sprint and, just for good measure also swapped the injector rail, ECM and throttle bodies. She fired up first go so I guess that is a win! Just got to put the bodywork on now and swap the engine casing bolts for a set of stainless one's I got in t'other day.

On the downside I noticed that the new front tyre on my Daytona has lost pressure :mad: I guess it hasn't sealed to the sidewalls properly for some reason. Strange thing is that, after fitting it on Wednesday I checked them on Thursday and they were still at the correct pressure and then took her out for a spin and the tyre was fine.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Today, well I suppose it's yesterday now, I stripped the wiring loom off my yellow Triumph Sprint, replaced it with the one from my old black Sprint and, just for good measure also swapped the injector rail, ECM and throttle bodies. She fired up first go so I guess that is a win! Just got to put the bodywork on now and swap the engine casing bolts for a set of stainless one's I got in t'other day.

On the downside I noticed that the new front tyre on my Daytona has lost pressure :mad: I guess it hasn't sealed to the sidewalls properly for some reason. Strange thing is that, after fitting it on Wednesday I checked them on Thursday and they were still at the correct pressure and then took her out for a spin and the tyre was fine.
By your luck lately @MartytheMartian that was a good day, keep it up mate

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

Deflate the front tyre to 15psi & go for a slow/short ride.
When you get home, pump it up to 45psi & leave it for a couple of hours. Then set it to the correct pressure.
If that doesn't work & you don't like the idea of fitting something like Gloop?
You're gonna have to remove the tyre & wire brush the inside of the rim Marty.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Hmmm GOOP looking at that on ebay I guess it might be an option, I see you can get 'Bead Sealer' as well which I guess might be an option. I am surprised as the wheels were quite clean and in pretty good condition so I'm not sure why it hasn't sealed, unless of course the valve is leaking. Anyone used 'Bead Sealer' and is it easy to remove when you change a tyre?

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Any apparent quietness on my part (for which there will be universal gratitude) is down to domestic invasion. Daughter and husband have arrived to double up the breastfeeding team. I just make the tea and pump the bilges while we collectively supply additional horsepower. Son in law has medical condition triggered by loss of sleep. House looks like a hit 🐑

Meanwhile the other daughter has buggered off for a romantic weekend and left mostly me with her 5 year old.

And the bike languishes in the garage 😢 while summer ekes out into autumn.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Any apparent quietness on my part (for which there will be universal gratitude) is down to domestic invasion. Daughter and husband have arrived to double up the breastfeeding team. I just make the tea and pump the bilges while we collectively supply additional horsepower. Son in law has medical condition triggered by loss of sleep. House looks like a hit 🐑

Meanwhile the other daughter has buggered off for a romantic weekend and left mostly me with her 5 year old.

Hope the young un's doing well @Sarky B’stard if anyone can hold the fort you can...........and they know that

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Hmmm GOOP looking at that on ebay I guess it might be an option, I see you can get 'Bead Sealer' as well which I guess might be an option. I am surprised as the wheels were quite clean and in pretty good condition so I'm not sure why it hasn't sealed, unless of course the valve is leaking. Anyone used 'Bead Sealer' and is it easy to remove when you change a tyre?
I always clean my rims and have used a smear of bead sealer on fitting tyres, I also use a sealant on all my bikes "Not cheap" any help does it for me on both tubed and tubless and have a puncture repair plug kit for tubeless and a small analogue mobile for emergency use ,.......too old and can't be tossed to repair on the side of the road anymore

BikeSeal.com Tyre Sealant Puncture Repair Kit – Puncture Repair Prevention Kit for Motorbikes

Last edited:
T

The Departed

I should have gone to the Arboretum yesterday to a remembrance service for the Royal Signals, but I bottled it.

So I made myself get on the bike around four and headed for St Annes to have a chippy and Iron Brew on roads I know incredibly well.

I had one panic moment where I came to a right to left bend and went over the double lines, and I had a right go at myself, 😆 Trouble-free all the way there from then on in.

Out today back on the horse as they say.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Finally got chance to investigate rough running. Still thinking it's coils.... It fires up, but runs on 2 out of three... I was wondering how to work out which. Simples, which pipe is hot and which isn't!

As assumed, centre pot is misfiring, so will get that coil on order, replace the other two at leisure.

I've not had much time for anything... Mrs Big Sandy been ill, very unsteady so she's been needing a bit more assistance. I have done all the welding on the Landy, (drivers wing off, new footwell, new door post foot, new pillar skin as the foot is welded inside it, paint, seal, refit wing) cleaned the chassis and painted/waxoyled it, got 13 month mot.

Van next.. New windscreen fitting on the 17th. Then it's mot......

Then I should hopefully be getting somewhere! Spare funds next week to buy some parts.... Roll on!

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Finally got chance to investigate rough running. Still thinking it's coils.... It fires up, but runs on 2 out of three... I was wondering how to work out which. Simples, which pipe is hot and which isn't!

As assumed, centre pot is misfiring, so will get that coil on order, replace the other two at leisure.

I've not had much time for anything... Mrs Big Sandy been ill, very unsteady so she's been needing a bit more assistance. I have done all the welding on the Landy, (drivers wing off, new footwell, new door post foot, new pillar skin as the foot is welded inside it, paint, seal, refit wing) cleaned the chassis and painted/waxoyled it, got 13 month mot.

Van next.. New windscreen fitting on the 17th. Then it's mot......

Then I should hopefully be getting somewhere! Spare funds next week to buy some parts.... Roll on!
Glad you are slowly getting ahead @Big Sandy it's not easy being a carer "I know" but that's life you will get there pal lets hope the bikes an easy fix.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

It can't be as bad as your time at Rorke's Drift 🙃

Let me know when that joke gets old. It won't stop me, but it'll be good to know it's getting on your wick 😉

chas

Legendary Knight
I've been more Briggs and Stratton rather than Triumph today but did find time to hose the crap off the bike and even polish it. I scraped a faded sticker off the tank and found this stuff worked really well on the plastic tank to 'T-Cut' it.

[edit] pic when I get my phone out of the kitchen. And take a pic of the snake oil.
IMAG5438.jpg

@Public Enemy , this is what will clear your screen.

Don't fucking paint it!

Last edited:

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Took Annie out for a quick spin to Grindleford Station with Lynne on her Harley and Nick on his Speedmaster.
First ride on Annie since fitting the rear shocks purchased from @DD67. Top quality products, only just out of warranty guv!
Currently set up for me plus pillion, so a bit firm solo, but that's what I was after.
Obligatory breakfast photo included. Weather and scenery stunning today. Wall to wall sunshine and blue sky. 🌞 20210907_101402.jpg20210907_101411.jpg20210907_101338.jpg20210907_101859.jpg