What have you done to your bike today....

chas

Legendary Knight
Took Annie out for a quick spin to Grindleford Station with Lynne on her Harley and Nick on his Speedmaster.
First ride on Annie since fitting the rear shocks purchased from @DD67. Top quality products, only just out of warranty guv!
Currently set up for me plus pillion, so a bit firm solo, but that's what I was after.
Obligatory breakfast photo included. Weather and scenery stunning today. Wall to wall sunshine and blue sky. 🌞 View attachment 10077View attachment 10078View attachment 10079View attachment 10080
Looks a good morning run, I'm pissed off I'm working when it's been the first decent weather for a while.

Are you watching your weight, just wondered why you ordered off the childrens menu? 😁

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I've been more Briggs and Stratton rather than Triumph today but did find time to hose the crap off the bike and even polish it. I scraped a faded sticker off the tank and found this stuff worked really well on the plastic tank to 'T-Cut' it.

[edit] pic when I get my phone out of the kitchen. And take a pic of the snake oil.
View attachment 10061

@Public Enemy , this is what will clear your screen.

Don't fucking paint it!
Where did you get that from @chas please? I think I might have a use for a bottle of that... The van has very scratched side windows. It may not shift them all, but some is better than none!

half ton

Legendary Knight
What have I done to my bike today ?
SOLD IT :eek::eek::eek:

Well traded it in actually, Yesterday My boss said I've got too many days holiday left so I took today and tomorrow off as the weather is good,So it's the bosses fault really,Had a nice ride out and ended up in a dealers...the rest is just a blur,Just got to wait god knows how many weeks before it arrives.😁😁😁

chas

Legendary Knight
Where did you get that from @chas please? I think I might have a use for a bottle of that... The van has very scratched side windows. It may not shift them all, but some is better than none!
Have you tried brasso wadding? That works well.
I got it from my local sign supply shop to do the lights on the car, if google does not find you a mail order supplier I can get some and send it up

Edit. ECP and Amazon have it.

Last edited:

half ton

Legendary Knight
Spot on Strawberry,A new Meteor... Time will tell if I have made the right decision,It is a concern as it is very easy on the power output (20bhp) but I had a short test ride a few weeks back and loved it, As I was passing the dealers I called in again and he let me take it out for a proper run in the countryside / twisties...Still a lovely bike ,So as he came up with a fair trade in price (I think the mechanic is actually buying it) I said yes please, 3 years warranty and 3 years breakdown cover sort of clinched it for me.
1631026116287.png

Last edited:

half ton

Legendary Knight

Daytona

Legendary Knight
after the pisser that was my T150 having no oil pressure, i tried the T160 on thurs night (bearing in mind it hadnt been run for 12 months or even had the battery charged) and the bugger fired up on the starter button, i used for the TR3OC lakes weekend and it was faultless. who says old brits are shit :D :D :D

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I've been more Briggs and Stratton rather than Triumph today but did find time to hose the crap off the bike and even polish it. I scraped a faded sticker off the tank and found this stuff worked really well on the plastic tank to 'T-Cut' it.

[edit] pic when I get my phone out of the kitchen. And take a pic of the snake oil.

@Public Enemy , this is what will clear your screen.

Don't fucking paint it!
Thanks @chas I'm gonna try that before going down the unmentionable route.