What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I think if i did put my mirrors like that all I'd get is a good view of my wrist
View attachment 10664

And in other news I don't think my unlined gloves will be being used for much longer on the ride into work. 😉

I've seen them mounted on the underside of the bars on the inside of the grips, thus avoiding the wrist view. ALthough I'm not convinced myself that would provide a good view, but then I've never tried it :unsure:

Screenshot 2021-09-23 214835.png

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Guess what I was doing at
I think if i did put my mirrors like that all I'd get is a good view of my wrist
View attachment 10664

And in other news I don't think my unlined gloves will be being used for much longer on the ride into work. 😉
They don't work like that @chas
Honestly mate..I bought some oberon ones for my sprint and thought all I would see was elbows..Turned out to be best mirrors ever...I found they worked really well and looked cool as a Duck...🦆

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Guess what I was doing at

They don't work like that @chas
Honestly mate..I bought some oberon ones for my sprint and thought all I would see was elbows..Turned out to be best mirrors ever...I found they worked really well and looked cool as a Duck...🦆
@chas Oops..After having read some more posts I realised that your on about underslung position..I never tried them like that...🦆

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Finally.

IMG_20210926_141321_copy_768x1043.jpg

Ben Griahm Mhor and Ben Griahm Beag in the background. Test ride!

It was indeed the coil pack for the centre pot. Have also cleaned and polished all the cable connections, both in to the coils, and out. They were a bit green.

Have to say, last time I had things in bits I thought it ran better after. Better again this time too, no popping and farting, and importantly no miss-fires.

Happy bunny. Just wish I had been able to sort it sooner. Missed out on a lot of good weather....

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Good news @Big Sandy at least you have nipped the problem in the bud and can still get a sneaky day out in-between crap weather

Glad to hear that you've got it sorted and got out for a spin @Big Sandy
I'm very relieved to tell the truth, glad to have it off my mind. Nice run out too, only 20 miles or so, but it literally pulls like a train now.

When funds allow I'll replace the other 2 coil packs... Maybe. Part of me says 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.... part of me likes new parts for peace of mind. But then, you don't always get that with new parts, do you?

Coil pack was from Sprint Manufacturing via ebay by the way. I've had good service from them every time I've used them.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Been blowin a hoolie here for a couple days....

We met this on the road yesterday....

IMG_20210924_173740.jpg

Driver reckoned the wind had blown him... My money is on the excessive speed and a lumpy road surface reason.

We were first on the scene, he had got out and was a vodka martini (shaken but not stirred) jollied him along a bit until my mate turned up to do the recovery. Cars could get past, but I told the camper to stay put, as its all peat verges, and I reckon he would have been the next recovery if he'd gone for it.

70 plate lwb transit. Doubt he's got a job on Monday. 🤔 Told his boss he'd cracked the drivers window and broken the mirror... Which to be fair, he had... But also written the entire side of the van off!

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well it's now turned from 'smirry' rain here to full blown 'chuckin' it down'. I wonder if the Rest and Be Thankful will survive the onslaught. They have put it under convoy from Today until Tuesday due to the forecast though how having a guy leading you through the single lane area actually makes you any safer is beyond me. I suppose though that if he suddenly puts the foot down you definitely know you are screwed and a hundred thousand tons of mountain is coming your way.