What have you done to your bike today....

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Well not just today but yesterday.

I decided that at 3 yrs old my Tiger Sport needed some lurve so I stripped down the entire back end and cleaned and re-greased every suspension linkage, dismounted and serviced the shock, pulled the axle cassette and polished out the aluminium oxide etc. I also dropped the oil and replaced to coolant and blew through the motor thermostat removed. That’s when I noticed how much casting sand came out or had accumulated at the bottom of the expansion tank.

Of course I’m stuck because the bastard oil filter is so recessed in the sump my hands and chain grabber can’t get in. Waiting for a 65mm filter cup socket before I can change filters, fill up and test everything. At least it doesn’t have a dirty arse anymore.

All I need now is a manicure 💅

chas

Legendary Knight

I decided that at 3 yrs old my Tiger Sport needed some lurve so I stripped down the entire back end and cleaned and re-greased every suspension linkage, dismounted and serviced the shock, pulled the axle cassette and polished out the aluminium oxide etc. I also dropped the oil and replaced to coolant and blew through the motor thermostat removed. That’s when I noticed how much casting sand came out or had accumulated at the bottom of the expansion tank.

Of course I’m stuck because the bastard oil filter is so recessed in the sump my hands and chain grabber can’t get in. Waiting for a 65mm filter cup socket before I can change filters, fill up and test everything. At least it doesn’t have a dirty arse anymore.

I've a linkage overhaul pencilled in this winter.

Life would be better with more nipples.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Just for you

Gestating & Lactating Sows

OsteKuste

Sword of Fenrir

Nothing like a well-greased back end.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Nice Friday extended lunchtime ride down to Rutland Water.

Sunny all the way, although there was evidence of earlier rain, and surprisingly little traffic - what was was often piling up behind slow moving vehicles, so once that was quickly despatched, nice clear roads again :)

Pissing down tomorrow apparently, and on Sunday the road outside will be up - so only getting a ride in if can navigate the pavement with it!

DS