What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
If the weather is good tomorrow I'm hoping to cram a few miles in on Stacy..This month will be my last chance to play before she hibernate's for the winter..
Bloke from work should be tagging along and I'm hoping to meet up with @Public Enemy and his mate for a breakfast of some sort somewhere along the way..
Really desperate for some motorbike time...🦆

chas

Legendary Knight
If the weather is good tomorrow I'm hoping to cram a few miles in on Stacy..This month will be my last chance to play before she hibernate's for the winter..
Bloke from work should be tagging along and I'm hoping to meet up with @Public Enemy and his mate for a breakfast of some sort somewhere along the way..
Really desperate for some motorbike time...🦆
If @Public Enemy takes Bertha out can you check that he's not painted that bloody screen ;)

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well, after two weeks without turning a wheel I got out on the bike to go and pick up a prescription in Dunoon. Wet all the way there and most of the way back but it was great to get out for a bit. Couple of pictures taken in a lay-by beside Loch Eck. The slight alteration I made to the saddle really has put me in a perfect, comfortable position at the controls too. It must only have been a couple of mm's I shaved it down by but it really makes it feel like you are sitting in rather than on her.
primautumn.jpg
Primautumn2.jpg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
She runs very sweet and the gear box on this one is incredibly smooth and positive. My black Sprint had a gearbox that was loose and had more false neutrals than gears. This one I barely twitch my toe and she changes gear with a quiet click. You would think that all modern gearboxes would be the same, especially when they are all exactly the same gears from the same year as the Daytona and both Sprints all date from 2002 and all the gearbox and clutch components are the same, but apparently not. Even my Daytona has a looser box even though it's done almost ten thousand miles less.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Was in the garage until nearly 11pm last night, cleaning the Ducati and Guzzi, cleaning and oiling the chain on the Ducati ready for an early morning ride, cos the weather forecast was for a dry sunny day. Well its not raining, but we have wet greasy looking roads and it's overcast :( Hopefully it will improve as the day progresses 🤔

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Met up with @BAD LUCK DUCK at Yondermann cafe. Place was rammed.

Then we took a nice back lanes run down to Matlock Bath which was double rammed! Everyone making the most of this bit of Indian summer I guess. Still managed to get a coffee and non gay cake before departing. Apparently Duck had a better offer for the rest of the afternoon. Can't say I blame him!

Notice Duck edging towards the gay purpleness of Bertha.

20211010_125807.jpg20211010_125819.jpg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Ain't nothin' gay about Purple. I had a wee Honda CM125 that I re-sprayed in Ford Purple Velvet and a GSX750 that I re-sprayed in Ford Purple Velvet and metallic teal and I got married in a purple jacket, waistcoat and creepers oh and I used to have a purple 'zoot' suit.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Ain't nothin' gay about Purple. I had a wee Honda CM125 that I re-sprayed in Ford Purple Velvet and a GSX750 that I re-sprayed in Ford Purple Velvet and metallic teal and I got married in a purple jacket, waistcoat and creepers oh and I used to have a purple 'zoot' suit.
You know it, and I know it, but I'm pretty sure Duck included purple in his list of unacceptably gay colours a while back!

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Met up with @BAD LUCK DUCK at Yondermann cafe. Place was rammed.

Then we took a nice back lanes run down to Matlock Bath which was double rammed! Everyone making the most of this bit of Indian summer I guess. Still managed to get a coffee and non gay cake before departing. Apparently Duck had a better offer for the rest of the afternoon. Can't say I blame him!

Notice Duck edging towards the gay purpleness of Bertha.

View attachment 11197View attachment 11196
Long while since I was in Matlock Bath. Always used to get a good brew in The Bikers Gearbox, but I know that's been shut a good while. My good lady still has the gloves we got from there.

Last time there was to pick up axle parts from Paddocks, up at the pavillion.

I know there was a lot of fuss about parking charges.... Looks like you had a decent day for it!