What have you done to your bike today....

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Nice extended lunchtime bimble, which included a visit to Cropwell Bishop.

Much cheese was bought - some Stilton, some Lincolnshire Poacher and some Beauvale.

The Beauvale is quite a new one, a softer, creamier Stilton - defo recommend.

If it's too far to go, you can check the place out here: https://cropwellbishopstilton.co.uk/

One of my favourite, if not the favourite, shops :)

DS
Adding that Shop to the Christmas list(y)

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Had an e-mail some weeks back from an old serving mate stateside, he was going to get a few bike bits for his bikes and asked me if I still had the Speedmaster 865, yes I said well said he the place he was dealing with had two NEW old stock mustang touring seats with removable rider backrests and they where vastly reuduced in price to get shot of them does I want him to bring one back for me, "Errm" is the pope catholic says I, at such a low price I could not say no, so today I took delivery of it and fitted it in no time looks good, probabley still sell the bike come spring as the Bonnie rocks

stock pic
MUSTANG SPEEDMASTER SEAT.jpg

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Just a quick check on pressures and levels. Off to Liverpool Sefton Park Palm House for my late Uncle's memorial tomorrow. Jim and my Aunt Jane got me into bikes in the late 60's. He was president of the Scott Owner's Club and loved anything Italian on wheels. Spent much of his national service in Italy with REME. They owned Moto Guzzis, Nortons, a Vincent series B Rapide, 4 Scotts an OK Supreme and many others. I miss him and I know the Palm House will be packed with people who knew and loved him.

chas

Legendary Knight
Filled up with fuel

140.9 cheapest e10 I can find:oops:

Decided to give the detour to Battle on the way home a miss coz I’m a tight bastard(y)
I'm paying a quid and a half for E5.Fucking ridiculous.

Went out for a bit of a spin as it was nice down here today, needed to run into Toolstation Canterbury but started off by going 30 mile in the opposite direction. Warm enough for unlined gloves, laaaaverly.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I can even afford to drink the wrong wine with a steak :D
Talking of wine with steak. I'm rapidly becoming addicted to those £10 Tesco finest range meal deals.
The grub is delicious & well worth a tenner 😋

Neither of us are big fans of wine though. Consequently we are building up a bit of a stock 😗...
20210929_142248.jpg
It's tasty enough, but I can see a few bottles being reassigned as Christmas gifts 🧐

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
A cautionary tale, during the COVID lockdown I took advantage of the 6 month extension of MOT dates and completely forgot!

So instead of being due in April like I thought it in fact ran out yesterday :oops:

Fortunately local garage has space tomorrow and all booked in(y)

May be worth double checking when MoT is due if your as senile as I clearly am:p

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
A cautionary tale, during the COVID lockdown I took advantage of the 6 month extension of MOT dates and completely forgot!

So instead of being due in April like I thought it in fact ran out yesterday :oops:

Fortunately local garage has space tomorrow and all booked in(y)

May be worth double checking when MoT is due if your as senile as I clearly am:p
My local garage worked throughout covid and I had my MOT done on time. It passed with a couple of advisories which I did nothing about. Today it's getting a new MOT after new discs and pads all round! Still cheaper than swapping it for another car.