What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Iceland are putting all their past sell by stuff in bags available to whoever needs it rather than lobbing it in a skip. I'd like to see that more.

I know there's always going to be 25% cunts just taking advantage but it's going to mean a bit of grub for someone who needs it so I'm in favour
I saw this on FreeCycle earlier...

..."Large chest freezer urgently req'd by good honest Jewish boy. Definitely not for taking advantage of cut price roasting joints at Iceland.
Must be free & ideally include free delivery. A contribution to my increased electricity bill would be appreciated, but not essential.
Thanks in advance, Chas"...

😉

chas

Legendary Knight
View attachment 12096
There are some sick b@stards about. Somebody spent time creating that & posted it on the internet ☹
Just so that we could ridicule the likes of Chas with it 😃
I know it's one of those weedy southern beers that you eschew but for the curious...

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I know it's one of those weedy southern beers that you eschew but for the curious...
It's one of my favourites Chas.
This is the back room at Chateau DD a Christmas or two ago 😋20181030_204838-1.jpg...

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Fixed the Guzzi (I hope 🤔). I had a look on one of the Guzzi forums and read a post advising to check the battery connections, as if they are not clean and tight it can exhibit the symptoms I was experiencing, and I then remembered that I had the battery out a couple of days ago to repair my Optimate lead because one of the terminals had snapped :rolleyes:. So I cleaned the battery terminals and lead connectors with some emery paper and made sure everything was tightened properly, and the bike started on first attempt (y)
Dielectric grease on the terminals after a clean up.
There's a firm on Fleabay that sell 50ml/grams for £3.90
That'll last most DIY mechanics several years Scrappy.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Dielectric grease on the terminals after a clean up.
There's a firm on Fleabay that sell 50ml/grams for £3.90
That'll last most DIY mechanics several years Scrappy.

Thanks Jez, just ordered some (y)

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
How many miles on the clock?!

Last time I was in your neck of the woods was Kettering Crematorium in 2002. My aunt died and we said goodbye there and exactly 30 days later my uncle followed suit. Just folded up in the garden while reminiscing about her their oldest son who had delayed his return to Oz because of a DVT that prevented flying…… Funny how memories are triggered.

Uncle Cecil loved his bikes……

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
How many miles has the Guzzi done @Scrappy ? I don't think I've ever had a clutch cable snap.

How many miles on the clock?!

Last time I was in your neck of the woods was Kettering Crematorium in 2002. My aunt died and we said goodbye there and exactly 30 days later my uncle followed suit. Just folded up in the garden while reminiscing about her their oldest son who had delayed his return to Oz because of a DVT that prevented flying…… Funny how memories are triggered.

Uncle Cecil loved his bikes……

Just over 7300 miles. I've not investigated it yet beyond looking at the cable/lever connection which was fine, so unless it turns out to be a linkage failure, the break must be at the other end of the cable. I've only had one cable break before and that was my GPZ that I brought from new and only had for about 3 years, so it can happen at relatively low mileage.

I'll know more tomorrow when I get a good look at it.