What have you done to your bike today....

half ton

Legendary Knight
went out and finished the initial running in of 270 miles as the final 30 will be done getting to the dealer, Phoned to book it in as he previously said give him a couple of days notice.....can't do it until the 2nd of December as had a mad rush of bookings :cry: It's looking like my window of opportunity for squeezing a few more nice days out on it is vanishing .... never say never though,So long as they don't start gritting before Christmas🥶😁

chas

Legendary Knight
went out and finished the initial running in of 270 miles as the final 30 will be done getting to the dealer, Phoned to book it in as he previously said give him a couple of days notice.....can't do it until the 2nd of December as had a mad rush of bookings :cry: It's looking like my window of opportunity for squeezing a few more nice days out on it is vanishing .... never say never though,So long as they don't start gritting before Christmas🥶😁
Never say never :D Had a busy day today so 'pre flighted' the bike for a run out tomorrow. I'm thinking of running it up to the lockup after christmas for the shitehouse months and recover it in late feb/ early march

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Cleaned the chain on the Monster, washed and dried both Monster and Guzzi, then re-lubed the Monster chain. Just come in for a coffee, then back out to the garage to polish/wax and apply XCP to both bikes. The Bonneville is already clean, but that will get some more XCP during the week. Then I think it will be covers on for a while :(

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Had another ride out to Crossgates yesterday. Six bikes on a very cold morning, but roads were amazingly dry and clear of traffic. Went out via Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Leintwardine, Knighton. A great fry up and then home along the A483 to Newtown. Riding solo for the first time in a while, I had a blast! Derek, 70 and one of our group ran into the back of a non signalling car on the way home and damaged some plastics and left mirror. Paramedics attended and wanted him to go to hospital, but with a 3-4 hour wait for transport, he decided to go home. RAC wanted over £200 to collect his bike only and said they couldn't take him. I rode back to get my car and trailer and loaded his bike, which we got back to his house and put it in the garage. He seemed OK for a few hours, but got hospitalised with severe back pain in the night. He's had a CT scan and xrays, sitting up and drinking tea while waiting for more tests.

chas

Legendary Knight
Had another ride out to Crossgates yesterday. Six bikes on a very cold morning, but roads were amazingly dry and clear of traffic. Went out via Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Leintwardine, Knighton. A great fry up and then home along the A483 to Newtown. Riding solo for the first time in a while, I had a blast! Derek, 70 and one of our group ran into the back of a non signalling car on the way home and damaged some plastics and left mirror. Paramedics attended and wanted him to go to hospital, but with a 3-4 hour wait for transport, he decided to go home. RAC wanted over £200 to collect his bike only and said they couldn't take him. I rode back to get my car and trailer and loaded his bike, which we got back to his house and put it in the garage. He seemed OK for a few hours, but got hospitalised with severe back pain in the night. He's had a CT scan and xrays, sitting up and drinking tea while waiting for more tests.
Hope your mate is ok!

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
That's really shit of the RAC...🦆

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Having seen the forecast for tomorrow, I took the bike in today in order to grab a quick 70 mile blast.

Proper nippy but a nice ride and amazing skies and leaves.

Could have done without the hail - could feel it through me jacket! But it was as I was coming onto busier roads and returning so it didn't spoil me fun :)

Bike is proper filthy. Will be removing the 'frame protector' bits of plastic I've got for it and giving them a good clean, and on Sunday its off to get bike super-scrubbed and ACF-50ed for winter.

Tomorrow's weather mainly be experienced through the window while sat in front of a fire watching sport!

DS

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Dek is home and safe. Nothing broken. Bruises and muscle pain. He's on some decent painkillers and had 2 good nights sleep. He'll live.

Thanks for the good will messages.

chas

Legendary Knight
Put both bikes on Optimates. It's fuckin cold down ere' in the south west.
Think the bike riding days may be over for a few months.
View attachment 12485
In fact 8.30 pm it has started sleeting
Just because I can't garage the bike at home and I'm an optimist, at the moment I'll wait till the new year before calling time for a couple of months and running the bike to the lock up.