What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I always carry this small kit for such get me home repairs, up to now I have only had one cable snap

Thanks @Don the Don a good idea. I've just ordered one (y) ...and I will probably never ever use it 😂 (hopefully).

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Once had one go on a Ford. Sierra, I think. Lost in the mists of time! Bikes? Usually noticed the issue before it became a terminal problem.

When I was riding around the south coast earlier in the year, I had an issue not being able to select neutral, but I just adjusted the thumb screw on the handlebar and resolved the problem. I should have thought to investigate further, because they rarely adjust themselves :oops:

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
It’s getting to that greasy time of year when the road surface struggles to dry, wet leaves lie in berms in side junctions for the unsuspecting and your visor is both smeared and steams up with minimal provocation.

After runs into Edinburgh on consecutive days in ever cooling weather I decided my nearly 10yr old helmet with original decaying visor had also reached retirement age. Besides, my birthday is imminent. I treated myself. I texted my wife who’s away with her sister.

I am just waiting for the “HOW ⛎♉♈♌♎♏♋️ MUCH?!!” phone call. 🙈 Having treated myself I may be in need of medical treatment…….

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Well the decision was influenced by the extreme difficulty in finding a non original (pattern) visor for a helmet long out of production and the general decay that a good wash merely highlighted! The padding feels like Dunlopillo when it’s turning to dust…. Or maybe it’s just dandruff but too late now….She’s back Tuesday 🔪 😬

chas

Legendary Knight
Well the decision was influenced by the extreme difficulty in finding a non original (pattern) visor for a helmet long out of production and the general decay that a good wash merely highlighted! The padding feels like Dunlopillo when it’s turning to dust…. Or maybe it’s just dandruff but too late now….She’s back Tuesday 🔪 😬
What did you opt for? I haven't tested the effacacy of the pinlock system on the lid I got just after last christmas.
Be interesting to see if it works as fogging up is a bloody pain. And wearing specs means if you lift the visor the specs fog.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I decided my scrawny old neck deserved lightness as well as impact strength which took me to a glass/carbon fibre crossover point of about £200-£250. I then narrowed it down to a Shark Spartan 1.2 or an AGV K5-S.

Having had AGV in days of yore
that’s what I then went for…..

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I decided my scrawny old neck deserved lightness as well as impact strength which took me to a glass/carbon fibre crossover point of about £200-£250. I then narrowed it down to a Shark Spartan 1.2 or an AGV K5-S.

Having had AGV in days of yore
that’s what I then went for…..

I have an AGV K5-S and find it very light and comfortable, and its noticably lighter than my Bell RS-2.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I've got two Shark Spartan lids. One is the more expensive Priona carbon one that was nearly three hundred quid and the other is the Hoplite which was about half that. To be honest I can't really tell any difference between the two weight wise or comfort wise. Both nice helments, I like the flip down shades inside them and the pinlock system (supplied) but they aren't the quietest helmets I've ever worn. Oh and, being 'speccy' these days I like the fact they have an internal allowance for wearing glasses. My other lids are MT models which are very good and get a good Sharp rating despite not being that pricey and a 'vintage' style Premier that is just cool.