What have you done to your bike today....

smib

Legendary Knight
Took the "Himalayan" out for the first ride of the year on Friday.
Nice North Cornwall coastal route, ended up at Bude for brekkie.
Total 42 miles, cracking weather ..... Feckin cold though!

View attachment 14512
Went again for a fry up this morning at Bude. Took the Yamaha Tenere
Totally different day.
Blowing a gale, loads of sea foam, high rollers and boiling sea ..... surfs up dude@Bude!
IMG_20220212_125919.jpg
IMG_20220212_130314.jpg

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
Hi all,I’ve started the bike a few times recently and noticed a miss fire on one cylinder (Bonnie 07 carb).
I’ve left it on the optimate and was surprised to see how long it took to get back to fully charged.
It was running perfectly before so wandering if it could be a dodgy rectifier or something else?

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Would be more like coils I think. If you've started her regularly but not let her run for a reasonable length of time then each start will drain the battery if you don't run long enough to re-charge it so the battery probably doesn't relate to the problem. When my coils were going the bike would stutter, bang and bog down when the throttle was twisted. Hard to diagnose a misfire as it's a single coil pack that fires in both cylinders at the same time (wasted spark system) and, when the coils become intermittent fuel will build up in one or both cylinders resulting in a bang/misfire next time the coils generate a decent spark.

chas

Legendary Knight
Hi all,I’ve started the bike a few times recently and noticed a miss fire on one cylinder (Bonnie 07 carb).
I’ve left it on the optimate and was surprised to see how long it took to get back to fully charged.
It was running perfectly before so wandering if it could be a dodgy rectifier or something else?
Marty's lines of thought above would be my take too, doesn't sound like reg/rec to me.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Had identical symptoms on my former 2007 T100. It was often worst below 3k rpm for some odd reason. I eventually isolated it to the ignition coil and replaced it with
1644874352602.jpeg https://www.motobins.co.uk
Moto bins are Beemer spares but the 356 1 00 is a direct replacement for the Gill item and at £51 the cheapest I found.
It could be the pick up coil (Triumph only) but they seem to die rather than misfire before tot expiry.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Had identical symptoms on my former 2007 T100. It was often worst below 3k rpm for some odd reason. I eventually isolated it to the ignition coil and replaced it with
View attachment 14861 https://www.motobins.co.uk
Moto bins are Beemer spares but the 356 1 00 is a direct replacement for the Gill item and at £51 the cheapest I found.
It could be the pick up coil (Triumph only) but they seem to die rather than misfire before tot expiry.
I bought 3 new generic coils on ebay, for £8 each, inc delivery. All good 5,000 miles later.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Took advantage of the lull before the storm and rode up to the smoke this morning in glorious sunshine - except Tunbridge Wells where it rained:(

All the little bits of tinkering to the bike have added up to a much more confident assured and comfortable ride:)

Glorious and bike now covered in shit as it should be(y)

F62A0C56-1C04-412D-8E9F-09312ECD2093.jpeg

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Took advantage of the lull before the storm and rode up to the smoke this morning in glorious sunshine - except Tunbridge Wells where it rained:(

All the little bits of tinkering to the bike have added up to a much more confident assured and comfortable ride:)

Glorious and bike now covered in shit as it should be(y)

View attachment 14892
I cleaned mine yesterday. Now the fucking thing is missing and farting around. Maybe the jet washer wasn't a good idea :)

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Cleaning is definitely a bad thing for a motorsickle! Wipe the bodywork gently with a dirty rag and that's all they need. All the other muck is electrical insulation and mechanical sealant.
I am not the toothbrush and cotton bud type. But i do like a clean and shiney bike. A hose down, and polish when the spring arrives, then just a polish every now and again, is normal. But my brother was cleaning his Land Rover, and decided to give my bike a going over with his jet washer. The twat. I got it parked in the sun all day. So maybe it will be ok tomorrow. :)

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
I am not the toothbrush and cotton bud type. But i do like a clean and shiney bike. A hose down, and polish when the spring arrives, then just a polish every now and again, is normal. But my brother was cleaning his Land Rover, and decided to give my bike a going over with his jet washer. The twat. I got it parked in the sun all day. So maybe it will be ok tomorrow. :)
Big storms tomorrow may be a bit tricky finding anywhere dry outside:oops:

Still, on the bright side if the power lines are down you’re brother won’t be able to jet wash you’re bike again:)

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Big storms tomorrow may be a bit tricky finding anywhere dry outside:oops:

Still, on the bright side if the power lines are down you’re brother won’t be able to jet wash you’re bike again:)
I am in the sunny south mate. Glorious sunshine since 8 O'clock this morning :) I will park it under it's cover before the storm gets here. Cant have it getting dirty can i :) And he runs the jet wash off a plug in the Land Rover. No mains power required.