What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
The video on youtube makes it look easy, sarky is right are they not either centre pin type or push and splay type, does the new one have any fixings with it.
Watched that myself...it's exactly the same only mine ain't popping off..The damaged fairing as just split..I'm thinking angle grinder used delicately and then pliers to pull out plastic rivets 🤔🦆

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
take it easy Duck, don't worry about the plastic pins they are easy to acquire afterwards should you damage them just don't do any damage to surrounding parts

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Something is very wrong here..
They ain't your normal pop on and off pins..🤔🦆
From the look at that last photo sarky was right you can see the centre pin that splays it that needs to come up to release the pin, but if you can't get it out then cut it off at least get to the stage of being able to put the new fairing on and then replace with new plastic plugs or a nut & bolt for a temp measure

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Gently didn't work but snappy snap snap did..
Screenshot_20220227-105008_Gallery.jpg
These have been put on at a later date and are not right for the bike...Even now I cannot remove that bolt rivet or whatever you call it...
Screenshot_20220227-105044_Gallery.jpg

I'm not at all sure how to remove the piece of fairing attached to headlight fairing..
Screenshot_20220227-105048_Gallery.jpg

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
This is how it's supposed to be with pop on pop off..dead easy..I just can't see a way to get these off that don't involve destruction of the fairing...Screenshot_20220227-110224_Gallery.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
have you seen these Duck
Looks nice..However nothing there looks like it would do what this should be doing in the first place...it should just pop on pop off..There's no room for anything other than that system 🤔 🦆

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
what it is supposed to be is imaterial you need to get those old bits removed, different versions may have different fixings, have you a junior hacksaw blade that you could gently use underneath the fixing? "Think"

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I think this as just been upgraded to angle grinder status...I cannot remove that pin and have no chance with the other two and there may possibly be a third underneath here...
Screenshot_20220227-111534_Gallery.jpg

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
what it is supposed to be is imaterial you need to get those old bits removed, different versions may have different fixings, have you a junior hacksaw blade that you could gently use underneath the fixing? "Think"
I don't own a gay junior hacksaw..I suppose I could try and melt it off with a soldering iron but I'm still possibly going to have to angle grinder the section connected to headlight fairing 🦆