What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Well after an extensive bit of research I can honestly say what a load of bollox when it comes to kawasaki versys front indicator replacement...
The best advice I can find is get rid of em...in fact bin them and replace with led strip indicators...
That's going to have to be put on hold indefinitely as funds have dwindled to fuck all due to domestic problems and will continue for at least the next couple of months unless something drastically changes...
I've fucking had it with everything....👍🦆

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
It looks like you need a shrinkage operation such as a piston ring compressor....

Is it something you could achieve with a strip of plastic milk carton maybe held with a cable tie Into a tube? (Same sort of thing you might use to fit fork seals over rough fork ends but using the inside rather than outside?) That could give you a fine slip surface to stuff it back in!

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I'd be tempted to cut it down to fit in the hole, then put a big washer on the inside to hold it in place, maybes?

More than one way to strangle a neighbour/skin a cat/rabbit.
Turns out their's more truth to your post than meets the eye..
I've spent all day searching for a technique that is specific to task...
This is a common problem and no actual set plan to follow..
Everyone I've read about in this situation as either scrapped the indicators altogether and replaced all of them with alternative or had to chop the indicator rubber grommet and manufacture a back plate of their own out of everything from steel plate to plastic and even a piece cut from a plastic dustbin lid...
So come tomorrow afternoon after my shift let the games begin..🦆

chas

Legendary Knight
Nice little blast this morning - felt like spring, well until the sun went behind the clouds it did.

Starting to see a few more bikes out too.

Bit of pottering then out for a beer :)

DS

Had a little run out today around the country lanes glorious sunshine not a cloud in the sky "cool" but enjoyed it

90 miles around Shropshire. Ludlow, Wenlock Edge and Ironbridge. Glorious.
You lot piss me off with your 'Free Time' :D
Cover didn't come off mine this weekend what with babysitting grandkids Friday night and Sat morning, Prodigal and Polish tart visiting on Sat and then going over to the Mammys to make beds, empty bins, clear drains and generally set her up for another week

I've barely had time to drink a glass. It's been brutal ;)

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Cover didn't come off mine this weekend what with babysitting grandkids Friday night and Sat morning, Prodigal and Polish tart visiting on Sat and then going over to the Mammys to make beds, empty bins, clear drains and generally set her up for another week

Your reward will be waiting in Heaven(y)

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight

It's no fun being an orphan either 😢 - until you're about 60!

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
I thought I'd start my bike up and make sure battery is not flat...Bike started up just fine...Great stuff...unfortunately though I now have only one headlight...Fuses all good and both lights work on main beam...
Bearing in mind it was all working just after I had a play with the wiring...
I can't even get a replacement bulb as shops are closed and no post being delivered at the moment as our lane is thick with snow...View attachment 865
View attachment 864
Can i see how you mounted those headlights please. I need to change mine. They are just screwed onto an Aluminium plate at the moment, and look shit.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Having a play and chopping wires again...
These solder connectors...Ive been applying heat for five minutes without the solder even looking like its going to liquefy and securely join the wires..whats the trick...
Answers on a postcard please address to " another fine mess you got me into "...View attachment 1538

Im thinking more heat = blowtorch...
They dont solder. That metal part is crimped, and the outer plastic just heat shrinks. I think.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Already have a shed in the garden for all the wife's gardening stuff...
We can't put anything else up as peak park are very strict on what they allow to be built on the area which we live..So strict in fact that they regularly send aircraft over in the summer months photographing the entire park to make sure no one as put up anything they shouldn't....
They do that looking for dope plantations around here. And they are not very good at it either :)

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
I watched this on YouTube ages ago.
It must seem surreal watching fighter jets flying below where you're standing 😳

A mate was on his way to France, in his 28ft boat, when he heard an almighty roar, and his boat started rocking all over the place. He looked up to see some kind of jet, almost verticle, and only a few hundred ft above him. Scared the shit out of him, but obviously amused the pilot. :)

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
There was also the crash at the Rest and Be Thankful when a Tornado from RAF Leuchars (where I was born) had a 'controlled flight into terrain' in 2009 with the loss of both crew. That ended all training sorties through this area.
A controlled flight into terrain ? Does that mean they deliberately crashed it then ?