What have you done to your bike today....

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Applied correctly can save a lot of abuse.
I bought some of that, and put it on with a rag. Every bit of road crap in the county, stuck to it, like shit to a blanket. Within a month, the bike looked like woolly Mammoth. And what a bastard it was to clean off too. About 4 goes with hot soapy water, I should have read the instructions, and diluted the fucking stuff.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
If i have to leave the bike outside for any time i use the blue tarpaulins from screwfix , about 4m sq with eyelets all around the edge cost about £4 , put a length of thick string or thin rope through the eyes and when the bike is covered pull the string tight around the bottom of the bike so it " purses " ,dirt cheap and never had one come off yet
These are good things, Just ride in, and fold it down. About £100 on ebay. It stood up to the recent storms, no problem.2018-03-01 14.14.00.jpg

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
She basically said you got no choice but to keep spending on it as you can't afford to do anything else or replace it with anything else so your stuck with it...
Basically means I'm in for more lectures and guilt trips every time she takes me to and from work...
Just get her in a Turkish arsehole lock, and butt fuck her until her eyes pop out. Works every time. :)

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Electric pedelec. 750w 48v motor. 1 Whole horse power(not UK legal... Whoops). 17ah battery gives a range of about 35 - 40 miles. Bought the motor and battery as a kit and fitted to my On-One Inbred mountain bike. The motor and controller can be programmed with a laptop. Currently everything is maxed out and pushing out close to 1450 Watts. Gives a top speed of around 33 - 35 mph.
Haven't found a hill I can't climb yet
Any chance of a link for that motor kit please.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
View attachment 3454View attachment 3455View attachment 3456I expected it to be way more expensive...Not sure i would trust a pump off ebay for £24...
Think for peace of mind I shall have to go with Fowlers....Im really gonna cop for it from you know who🐸🐸🐸
I bought an ebay pump for my Kawasaki, about £8, and just as good as any other. These manufacturers are paying even less for them, then taking the piss when they sell them on. I dont buy fuck all from them unless there is no choice at all.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
I done a continuity test and power is coming down and through to orange part of electric connector...I also wired the battery directly to the part of the connector which is mounted on the fuel plate and lo and behold you can hear the pump whirling around... ( Also my old pump actually still works )...

So why won't it prime???

Its either voodoo or @Don the Don might be onto something 🤔
So you just spunked £126 for fuck all then :) I would be sending that back asap.

smib

Legendary Knight
Any chance of a link for that motor kit please.
Here you go:

Since that post I built another using one of these 1000w beasts:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
@MICK 56 ;Controlled Flight into Terrain' does sound like suicide but what it means in terms of the accident inquiry is that the pilot was still in control of the aircraft and had just fucked up rather than a problem had occurred with the aircraft and there was nothing the crew could do to save it, There were two aircraft with one managing to avoid the mountain while the other didn't. I know folks on the auxiliary fire crew here who attended the crash and they say it was a serious mess. According to the Accident reports they believe the pilot was busy trying to avoid the mountain but the backseat guy saw it all coming and was in the process of trying to eject as they impacted.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
@MICK 56 ;Controlled Flight into Terrain' does sound like suicide but what it means in terms of the accident inquiry is that the pilot was still in control of the aircraft and had just fucked up rather than a problem had occurred with the aircraft and there was nothing the crew could do to save it, There were two aircraft with one managing to avoid the mountain while the other didn't. I know folks on the auxiliary fire crew here who attended the crash and they say it was a serious mess. According to the Accident reports they believe the pilot was busy trying to avoid the mountain but the backseat guy saw it all coming and was in the process of trying to eject as they impacted.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Sad thing is that the backseat man was a hugely experienced crewman with twenty years in the RAF and nearly three thousand hours of flying time where the pilot was pretty much a fresh hatchling who had only qualified for Tornado's less than a year before the prang.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Sad thing is that the backseat man was a hugely experienced crewman with twenty years in the RAF and nearly three thousand hours of flying time where the pilot was pretty much a fresh hatchling who had only qualified for Tornado's less than a year before the prang.
An old RAF colleague who flew Harriers said the most dangerous time for pilots was nearing the end of their first tour on fast jets or after transferring to the Harrier. He said the biggest killer was over confidence...... much like bikes. You have to remain acutely aware of your own limitations as well as the road, bike and other road users. It's not necessarily loss of vehicle control so much as loss of appropriate speed and direction.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Can i see how you mounted those headlights please. I need to change mine. They are just screwed onto an Aluminium plate at the moment, and look shit.
I no longer have my old triumph..
Originally I made a few attempts at making my own bracket but I hadn't got the tools to do it so I bought a brand new mount and bracket from W.O.T for a totally different bike..
I'm sure all the information is on the forum somewhere..
It did look the business though and if it wasn't for all the electrical issues with the bike I'd still have it now...🦆