What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I bought some of that, and put it on with a rag. Every bit of road crap in the county, stuck to it, like shit to a blanket. Within a month, the bike looked like woolly Mammoth. And what a bastard it was to clean off too. About 4 goes with hot soapy water, I should have read the instructions, and diluted the fucking stuff.
Instructions are for girls or puffs or people that are all conscientious and stuff...
Not for me...I'm a proper bloke 🦆

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Instructions are for girls or puffs or people that are all conscientious and stuff...
Not for me...I'm a proper bloke 🦆
I remember the first new washing machine i bought. I was 16 and just moved into a bedsit, in the big city. I never read the instructions, so never unbolted that big concrete travel weight in the back. Anyway. I set it on intense wash, maximum spin speed, and went out. When i came home, all the other bedsit dwellers were sitting outside in the hallway, with chunks of plaster all over the place, and water coming through the ceiling. It was
even worse in my kitchen. It had been bouncing around for a couple of hrs, and smashed all the units and the worktops to pieces, and punched a hole in the wall, into the next bedsit, big enough to crawl though. it looked like someone had thrown a hand grenade in there, and shut the door. What s fucking mess. :)

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I remember the first new washing machine i bought. I was 16 and just moved into a bedsit, in the big city. I never read the instructions, so never unbolted that big concrete travel weight in the back. Anyway. I set it on intense wash, maximum spin speed, and went out. When i came home, all the other bedsit dwellers were sitting outside in the hallway, with chunks of plaster all over the place, and water coming through the ceiling. It was
even worse in my kitchen. It had been bouncing around for a couple of hrs, and smashed all the units and the worktops to pieces, and punched a hole in the wall, into the next bedsit, big enough to crawl though. it looked like someone had thrown a hand grenade in there, and shut the door. What s fucking mess. :)
F#ckin priceless! 🤣

As if there was such a thing as an automatic washing machine when you were 16 😉

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
They hadn't been about for long., i must admit. My poor old mum still had a twin tub. But then i have always been at the cutting edge of technology. :)
My old dear had a twin tub.
Do you recall the wooden tongs to move the washing from the washer side to the spin dry side?
And the wooden spoon used to stir the washing powder into the water on the wash side.
Both utensils used to develop large splinters

If I was being a disobedient little tw@t (before I became a large disobedient tw@t 🙃)
She'd hit me around any exposed skin with those wooden implements. Usually around the back of the legs! 😳

Picking splinters out of my legs for an hour or so. Eventually taught me to mind my gob, or run faster! 😃

That was back in the day when being an annoying tw@t got you a well deserved beating. Unlike today when kids have no respect for anyone. Cos nobody is (officially) allowed to beat them 😏

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Do you recall the wooden tongs to move the washing from the washer side to the spin dry side?
And the wooden spoon used to stir the washing powder into the water on the wash side.

If I was being a disobedient little tw@t (before I became a large disobedient tw@t 🙃)
She'd hit me around any exposed skin with those wooden implements. Usually around the back of the legs! 😳

Picking splinters out of my legs for an hour or so. Eventually taught me to mind my gob, or run faster! 😃

That was back in the day when being an annoying tw@t got you a well deserved beating. Unlike today when kids have no respect for anyone. Cos nobody is (officially) allowed to beat them 😏
I remember my mum hitting me with that paddle, for sticking worms through her mangle. She had just washed the old mans best white shirt, ready for his Saturday night out, and when she put it through, it came out with long stains all over it.:) Watching a worms guts come out of it's arse, fascinated me for some reason. :)

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight

Yup! Those wooden implements got pretty hairy with use. 😲

half ton

Legendary Knight
Just got back in from a nice 50 mile bimble , Took my service book over to my brothers workshop to get the extra service stamp in and pay for the DNA filter and intake I had ordered, then got holy pissed upon going home ........ but it doesn't seem to bother me anymore as I just love riding the bugger, I'm a sad old git as I only live to ride my bike and the way things are going there's no telling when my last ride could be.🤘

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Just got back in from a nice 50 mile bimble , Took my service book over to my brothers workshop to get the extra service stamp in and pay for the DNA filter and intake I had ordered, then got holy pissed upon going home ........ but it doesn't seem to bother me anymore as I just love riding the bugger, I'm a sad old git as I only live to ride my bike and the way things are going there's no telling when my last ride could be.🤘
Happiness is a wet clutch 😳

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I woke the Monster from its hibernation. Fantastic ride, so good to be out on a bike again :)

IMG_20220312_151842742.jpg

Top tip: If you've had your seat off over the winter, check its on properly before going out for a ride, which might save you from crapping your pants thinking your going to come off the back when accelerating hard to overtake 😮

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Lovely ride this morning on the Dayt - I do love that bike - the sound and the thrust :)

Took it steady as it hasn't been out since last autumn and was riding with neighbour, but a couple of times the roads opened up and I gave it some.

Back, changed then a couple of pints in our lovely local.

Life is good.

DS