What have you done to your bike today....

MICK60

Legendary Knight
I think @Scrappy mentioned it earlier on this thread: That little Beeline Nav-Gadget.

Got myself one of those recently and did a little road-testing during the few days the temperatures were soaring last week…
I do love the clean and uncluttered display and the fact that I can mount it on different bikes in the blink of an eye. The smartphone-app is also pretty simple to use and the battery lasts for ages.

There are two things though I really do miss: automatic rerouting due to blocked roads or traffic jams and more detailed ‘lane-graphics’ when on the Autobahn (I wouldn’t want to circumnavigate London or Birmingham with it).

Any experiences on your side of the pond?
Beeline support told me that they were working on RTT-implementation. That would be great and a big upgrade.

Cheers ☺️
I got one of these things. Cheap as fuck, good sized display, and audio. The last one worked for 10yrs, and never let me down,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16497532...JVrbqI3Byd1DVw%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Well, you know those simple jobs?

Yeah. Brake light switch. Awkward to get a 22mm spanner on, but hey, did that. A ring spanner would have been easier, oddly the one size I don’t have. Nemmind, the new switch has a smaller head size.

Old one out, cables cleaned up, new sealing washers on switch, through the pipe, second washer, start screwing it home. Well, it doesn’t fit. Well, it threads okay, but the threads are too long.

So, had a root through the spares box. Got a spare rear master cylinder in there, and lo and behold, it has a switch on. Cleaned, fitted and working fine. Score.

The new one? Do I send it back, or cut it down by 5mm? I’ll drop an email on them on Monday I think and send a photo comparing the old and the new, see what they say. Could just be I bought the wrong one, but if not, they needs to know.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Well, you know those simple jobs?

Yeah. Brake light switch. Awkward to get a 22mm spanner on, but hey, did that. A ring spanner would have been easier, oddly the one size I don’t have. Nemmind, the new switch has a smaller head size.

Old one out, cables cleaned up, new sealing washers on switch, through the pipe, second washer, start screwing it home. Well, it doesn’t fit. Well, it threads okay, but the threads are too long.

So, had a root through the spares box. Got a spare rear master cylinder in there, and lo and behold, it has a switch on. Cleaned, fitted and working fine. Score.

The new one? Do I send it back, or cut it down by 5mm? I’ll drop an email on them on Monday I think and send a photo comparing the old and the new, see what they say. Could just be I bought the wrong one, but if not, they needs to know.
It's the sort of job when my lambda sensor socket gets an outing ..... they're slotted 22mm jobbies!

1648911044149.jpeg

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
It's the sort of job when my lambda sensor socket gets an outing ..... they're slotted 22mm jobbies!

View attachment 16083
I tried a 22mm socket, which would have been perfect, but couldn't get the wrench on!

Bloody sure I have a 22mm ring spanner, could find 21, 23, 24, 26, but not the 22. In fact, one is 21 at one end, and 23 the other.

Ahh Well, done now. Lamda sensor socket is one I don't have.. Don't have anything with a Lamda sensor! 😏 Still, if one appears at the right price... Lol. You know how it is...

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Finished swapping the tank on the Guzzi. Fitted the new fuel filter, installed the fuel pump in the new tank which was not as difficult as I had been led to believe, just requires some patience and a gentle wiggle. Fitted a new relay, which has cured my no main beam issue, and put the tank on the bike... and I think it looks gorgeous 😁

IMG_20220402_161737831.jpg
IMG_20220402_163252439.jpg
IMG_20220402_171342751.jpg
IMG_20220402_171406062.jpg

chas

Legendary Knight
Finished swapping the tank on the Guzzi. Fitted the new fuel filter, installed the fuel pump in the new tank which was not as difficult as I had been led to believe, just requires some patience and a gentle wiggle. Fitted a new relay, which has cured my no main beam issue, and put the tank on the bike... and I think it looks gorgeous 😁

View attachment 16088
View attachment 16087
View attachment 16086
View attachment 16085
You'll be needing your shitty stick to control the pensioners mate.

Looks good Fella.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck

View attachment 16088
View attachment 16087
View attachment 16086
View attachment 16085
That's fucking stunning...
Nice one @Scrappy 🦆

Don the Don

Legendary Knight

View attachment 16088
View attachment 16087
View attachment 16086
View attachment 16085
Oh, that is stunning @Scrappy the Dogs bollox or what

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Lovely morning bimbling around, including a nice cuppa and cake stop.

Was up and down M1 yesterday visiting Ol' Ma Strange in the car, so just wanted to take it easy on the bike today - which I did :)

Afternoon of snooker on TV, a wee puff, and removing some bits from the GS ahead of it getting it ACF 50ed next Sat.

DS