What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well today I changed the oil and filter in my Sprint RS. I will say that I am pretty sure that she sounds a bit quieter and smoother with her fresh oil. I am suprised the sump plug didn't snap off or crack the sump though. It took as much of a heave to shift it as I would expect from a wheel nut! It's only supposed to be 18 foot pounds or something like that and was about twice that at a guess.

One down and three to go and some nice oil stains on the slabs! One of these days I will manage an oil change without making a mess!

MICK60

Legendary Knight
Well today I changed the oil and filter in my Sprint RS. I will say that I am pretty sure that she sounds a bit quieter and smoother with her fresh oil. I am suprised the sump plug didn't snap off or crack the sump though. It took as much of a heave to shift it as I would expect from a wheel nut! It's only supposed to be 18 foot pounds or something like that and was about twice that at a guess.

One down and three to go and some nice oil stains on the slabs! One of these days I will manage an oil change without making a mess!
There are 4 drain nuts on the sump of my Trident, so my brother tells me :) And they all took an electric rattle gun to undo.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Shortly after getting the Guzzi, I replaced the standard hideous plastic rear mudguard with a Guzzi OEM aftermarket alloy one. Whilst it was a vast improvement, I was not really happy with it due to it being slightly too long and partly for the position I had put the rear light and number plate.

View attachment 16311

So today I finally got around to modifying another alloy mudguard to fit more to my taste. Cut it almost exactly in half, then sanded it down a bit and drilled all the necessary holes for fitting, rear light & plate, and cables.

View attachment 16312

Then a test fit, just to make sure I had got all the holes in the right place.

View attachment 16313

Success! - I think I've achieved exactly the look I wanted :)

View attachment 16314
View attachment 16315

Just got to give it a light rub over, and then get it powder coated.
Any gratuitous angle grinder usage 🦆

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I went out this morning, and had a fantastic ride, beautiful weather, perfect temperature, and just seemed to be in tune with the bike, effortless and exhilarating riding 😁 ;). I didn't see any plod (hopefully they didn't see me 🤫) which was a bonus! 👍

IMG_20220415_104608485.jpg
IMG_20220415_104757302_HDR.jpg

Whilst I was out I got a call from the powder coaters to collect my mudguard. I hadn't planned on getting it done until next month, but called for a price, and they said normally £60 minimum order price, but if I could get it to them that day (Thursday) they could do it for £30 cash. I also didn't expect for them to do it before the holiday weekend, but got a call on Thursday afternoon to say it was done, however the guy was not happy with the finish, so he would do it again. He called 10am today, to say all done and he was happy with it this time. Fantastic service IMO 👍

IMG_20220415_123100065.jpg

So in total my new mudguard has cost me about £80 and is sized to my liking, and IMO better than the OEM at a fraction of the cost.

Screenshot 2022-04-15 124039.jpg

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Left Annie the T100 in the man cave, and rode Lynne's Harley over to the Yondermann cafe to meet up with @BAD LUCK DUCK.

A very excellent breakfast was consumed, then a beautiful ride back to my place for a brew before Duck headed for home. I gave him the collection of DVDs that @DD67 gave me for him at our meet in Gailey.

I think (hope) Duck was in a slightly better frame of mind after a great sunny ride out, he certainly seemed it.

Sorry no photos, but I couldn't bear the shame after Duck told the waitress "Don't think we're gay just because my mate's riding a Harley"

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Left Annie the T100 in the man cave, and rode Lynne's Harley over to the Yondermann cafe to meet up with @BAD LUCK DUCK.

A very excellent breakfast was consumed, then a beautiful ride back to my place for a brew before Duck headed for home. I gave him the collection of DVDs that @DD67 gave me for him at our meet in Gailey.

I think (hope) Duck was in a slightly better frame of mind after a great sunny ride out, he certainly seemed it.

Sorry no photos, but I couldn't bear the shame after Duck told the waitress "Don't think we're gay just because my mate's riding a Harley"
Sounds like a nice trip out, glad to hear @BAD LUCK DUCK was in a better frame of mind and with his usual banter

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
My thanks to @Public Enemy @DD67
They have been proper mates and helped get my head back in the game a bit...
My riding early on was shaky to say the least and I kept cringing to a point I didn't think I was gonna make it to yondermans...
However after a breakfast and chat with our @Public Enemy I relaxed a little and did better..Still a few brown trousers moments as at times I just couldn't hold my thoughts together..
Then a brief stop off and coffee with Public enemy his missus and cute little doggies and I was off again...
I felt much better after chatting with a real person..Thanks mate I appreciate it...
BRRRMMM BRRRMMM...
I went a long way home thinking get your shit together and I did..
Everything was perfect until I came off the A38 and headed for the A6 and hit the lousy traffic..I lost my patience turning right out of a junction onto the A6 towards Cromford..An inexperienced/nervous or whatever she was driver just wasn't moving..I ended up lifting the front wheel a few times nearly smashed into her swerved around her noticing a speed camera facing me as I was on the wrong side of the road overtaking and just thought bollox to it all..The world can go fuck itself and I was off riding the bike with all the confidence in the world overtaking everything..It was great..Another biker behind me saw everything and matched me expertly for a while before blasting past me at starship enterprise mph..Gave me a friendly wave using all his fingers..not just the usual one or two and it was brilliant..loved it..
Hoping to get out again tomorrow...
Biker people are the best people..Biker Ducks are also pretty cool as well 👍👍👍🦆

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Took the /5 out into the ”woods”. Still a little fresh in the hills but nevertheless tons of bugs waiting to decorate bike and rider…

T’was great fun though!

View attachment 16402

The day was topped off by a Blues-concert in my favorite pub.
Pretty good day, I shall say ☺️
I do like the look of that bike @Capt. Drunkey
still think it would be better with a rear mudguard mind :whistle:

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Glorious few hours out on the Daytona.

Usual pattern of down to Melton, on to Buttercups and cuppa and cake :)

A few chances to open her up - gotta hear that triple scream :)

I always want a 'sensible' bike like the GS in the garage, but I also want a bit of a loon too. I know that by contemporary standards, she's a bit of a barge, but the acceleration is quite enough for my aging reactions!

DS