What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Cheers @DD67 for advice on tyres πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦†
You're most welcome mate.
I use a very simple formula when looking at tyre reviews online.
Most have a section for the reviewer to state the car or bike he/she fitted them to.
If most of the 4 & 5 star reviews are from owners of similar vehicles to mine. And all the 1 & 2 star reviews are from people that have thought it was a good idea to fit Β£50 tyres to a 500bhp BMW M3 or similar. Then it's dead easy to read between the lines.

The only problem you might have with those Continentals is that they tend to be fitted to much heavier sports tourers. Therefore they may take an extra minute or two to fully warm up on your middleweight Versys.
However, there's a huge plus side as well. You should get very good mileage out of them πŸ™‚

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Most have a section for the reviewer to state the car or bike he/she fitted them to.
If most of the 4 & 5 star reviews are from owners of similar vehicles to mine. And all the 1 & 2 star reviews are from people that have thought it was a good idea to fit Β£50 tyres to a 500bhp BMW M3 or similar. Then it's dead easy to read between the lines.

The only problem you might have with those Continentals is that they tend to be fitted to much heavier sports tourers. Therefore they may take an extra minute or two to fully warm up on your middleweight Versys.
However, there's a huge plus side as well. You should get very good mileage out of them πŸ™‚
I always enjoy a little bit of weaving to warm up tyres anyway first thing...
I've never had both tyres replaced at the same time before due to safety aspect..new tyres on a bike are slippery as fuck ....πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ¦†

Scrappy

Legendary Knight

I've got Continentals on the Guzzi and very happy with them, I was originally going to replace them with Bridgestone BT45s same as I have on the Bonneville, but I think now I prefer the Contis.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I wanna go out on me bike...
The effects of tablet wearing off noticeably now...
It's windy as fuck...
I can't afford petrol...
I wanna go out on me bike..
I need some potatoes...
Fuck it..
BRRRMMM BRRRMMM πŸπŸ¦†

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Quick brake update...

On the 20th at 13:30 I ordered the parts I wanted for my rear caliper from https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/

Got an email from the owner, Frank, saying thanks for the order, and it will be despatched as soon as sorted.

They arrived this morning (while I was out of course...) and are now fitted, caliper rebuilt and refitted, bled through and working chust fine. Even the brake light is working right.

Very happy with square-deals, used them before, and everything has been spot on. Oh.. Postage, Β£2.99 tracked royal mail.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Quick brake update...

On the 20th at 13:30 I ordered the parts I wanted for my rear caliper from https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/

Got an email from the owner, Frank, saying thanks for the order, and it will be despatched as soon as sorted.

They arrived this morning (while I was out of course...) and are now fitted, caliper rebuilt and refitted, bled through and working chust fine. Even the brake light is working right.

Very happy with square-deals, used them before, and everything has been spot on. Oh.. Postage, Β£2.99 tracked royal mail.
Great news @Big Sandy, It shows it can be done getting things north of the border shame other companys don't follow that example

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Just going to do some 'post-ride' checks today as am chillin' following the first 'road trip' of the year before returning to work tomorrow.

Nothing huge, about 450 miles in total seeing chums in London and Brighton.

Blessed with great weather and not too much traffic - even shutting of M25 last week wasn't a problem as had plenty of notice so switched across and came down on M11 avoiding the issue.

Biking itch well and truly scratched - but already planning a mid-week post dinner ride for Wed; gotta take advantage of the longer evenings when you've got 'em!

DS

chas

Legendary Knight
Although I've been working this weekend in 'That London' it's meant that my trip to the unit to get the van has been 'orribly early in the morning then a RTB mid afternoon so I've had brilliantly empty roads that I know well on the (elongated) trip to the unit or back. May have been technically a commute but all the rides have left me with a grin. And a couple of scalps ;)

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Had a good afternoon ride. I've often noticed a Parachute Regiment plaque when riding through Somerby, so today I finally stopped for a nosey.

View attachment 16530
View attachment 16531

My father didn't join the Paras until after the war, but he served with some of the guys who had been at Arnhem.

Somerby has been found on the map and will be visited :)

Thanks for finding that @Scrappy !

DS