What have you done to your bike today....

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Had some physio on the ankle today she is well on the mend and I do not need a crutch I just use a pull on brace. started the bike and had a little turn around the drive gear change a bit awkward might need to reposition the lever for a while.
then cleaned out the garage and made space ready for another project.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
That chrome tank is fantastic mate

Cheers, I'm very pleased and I did alright with the tank, on Fowlers they are listed at £1400, but I only paid 370 Euro which is about £310 and the RRP was about 1000 Euro from the dealer I brought it from. It was new, one of the last 2 they had, and massively reduced. Even the used standard painted tanks I've seen have been more than the price I paid.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Had some physio on the ankle today she is well on the mend and I do not need a crutch I just use a pull on brace. started the bike and had a little turn around the drive gear change a bit awkward might need to reposition the lever for a while.

Are you going to leave us in suspenders, or are you going to give any hints as to your new project? 🤔

1010082_Z.jpg

chas

Legendary Knight
So AFAIK you've the bonnie and the Transalp hack, you've had a buell in the past and big bore jap stuff.

I've a guess as to on what the next thing you stick your fat arse on may be but whatever you've lined up I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Once it's in your hands and you don't want to curse it by telling the devil your business I'll be curious to know how close I was ;)

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
So AFAIK you've the bonnie and the Transalp hack, you've had a buell in the past and big bore jap stuff.

I've a guess as to on what the next thing you stick your fat arse on may be but whatever you've lined up I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Once it's in your hands and you don't want to curse it by telling the devil your business I'll be curious to know how close I was ;)
oh feck it, it's no secret I have the chance of this machine below from an old boy who has purchased a Interceptor and sidecar, the machine I will look at getting has done 600 miles and is immaculate the price is right [mates rates] and it is the version I like [I know @MartytheMartian but I like this version] and it will be just right for plodding around the lanes. It would be coming up from down south should I go ahead

1651182402138.png

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Hmmm..... One of those Indian Enfields. I can't deny I was very tempted by the 'Classic Trials' model (with the green frame though) but I'm glad I decided to buy my second 2001 Bonnie instead. I was out on my Sprint for a whizz around tonight and I have to say that, despite being flat over the tank (standard riding position and set-up) and in spite of the broader, sportier tyres, I feel safer and more 'in touch' with the road on the Bonnie's than I do on the Sprint or Daytona, Weird! I guess that me and the Bonnie's just fit together well. I like the power that the Sprint and Daytona put down (I briefly hit 130mph tonight on the Sprint and felt like she would happily do her claimed top speed of 150+ even with my lardy ass on her) but she sure doesn't feel safe doing it and while the Daytona does feel like she is on rails at speed it just isn't as fun as being on the Bonnie at even 70mph.

chas

Legendary Knight
oh feck it, it's no secret I have the chance of this machine below from an old boy who has purchased a Interceptor and sidecar, the machine I will look at getting has done 600 miles and is immaculate the price is right [mates rates] and it is the version I like [I know @MartytheMartian but I like this version] and it will be just right for plodding around the lanes. It would be coming up from down south should I go ahead

View attachment 16597
I've a lot of single track roads round here and something like that would be an ideal tool. Was also the sort of bike I wanted to leave in Germany at the son's place (before he decided on a 'reset') but couldn't find anything in budget.

Bloody nice, enjoy it

half ton

Legendary Knight

View attachment 16597
Nice one Don, A lovely bike,Brother has been doing some work on one for an ex racing mate of his...It's turned into a real torque monster (they were grunty as standard) it's putting out more ft/lbs than an Intercepter...Love them bikes:love:

Foxy

Legendary Knight

View attachment 16597

That's different, mate. I wasn't sure abart t'red frame, but I think it's growing on me a bit.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi

View attachment 16597
Good on ya mate, classic looks with proper brakes, enjoy it mate. :cool:

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Hmmm..... One of those Indian Enfields. I can't deny I was very tempted by the 'Classic Trials' model (with the green frame though) but I'm glad I decided to buy my second 2001 Bonnie instead. I was out on my Sprint for a whizz around tonight and I have to say that, despite being flat over the tank (standard riding position and set-up) and in spite of the broader, sportier tyres, I feel safer and more 'in touch' with the road on the Bonnie's than I do on the Sprint or Daytona, Weird! I guess that me and the Bonnie's just fit together well. I like the power that the Sprint and Daytona put down (I briefly hit 130mph tonight on the Sprint and felt like she would happily do her claimed top speed of 150+ even with my lardy ass on her) but she sure doesn't feel safe doing it and while the Daytona does feel like she is on rails at speed it just isn't as fun as being on the Bonnie at even 70mph.
The Sprint was a very capable Sport Tourer in it's day, I had one back in 1998, but the one I rescued from storage a couple of years back didn't quite live up to my rose tinted specs from back then, I put it down to the fact that since the original ownership I had owned very much more sports focused bikes, and on revisit the ST just felt a bit vague, soft & wallowy, although far from slow it lacked the outright omph of the more modern stuff. Back in the day progression from the ST to full on superbikes went via Sprint RS and 955i Daytona, I did have a test ride on the Bonnie when it was launched, wasn't my sort of bike & wasn't keen the 19 inch front wheel but nonetheless I could see the attraction & following they have.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Went to get my new tyre's fitted and turned out the bloke forgot to order them..
Hung around for a bit to see if he could get tyre's today..
No chance and can't get the ones we we're trying to order anyway...
So now I've had to go with Michelin Road pilot 2 and I may have to pay a £27 postage/delivery charge on top to have them here by Tuesday...
How shit is that...🤬🤬🤬🦆

chas

Legendary Knight
Went to get my new tyre's fitted and turned out the bloke forgot to order them..
Hung around for a bit to see if he could get tyre's today..
No chance and can't get the ones we we're trying to order anyway...
So now I've had to go with Michelin Road pilot 2 and I may have to pay a £27 postage/delivery charge on top to have them here by Tuesday...
How shit is that...🤬🤬🤬🦆
Very shit. Nowhere else localish for tyres?