What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went to get my new tyre's fitted and turned out the bloke forgot to order them..
Hung around for a bit to see if he could get tyre's today..
No chance and can't get the ones we we're trying to order anyway...
So now I've had to go with Michelin Road pilot 2 and I may have to pay a £27 postage/delivery charge on top to have them here by Tuesday...
How shit is that...🤬🤬🤬🦆

After being let down a couple of times relying on other people to source tyres, I now do like Foxy and order the tyres myself, then get them fitted for about £20. In my experience you can usually find the tyres cheaper online anyway, and get them within a day or two, if not next day.

I've used The Visor Shop before, got really good prices, and delivered next working day, even though they are in Northern Ireland

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
After being let down a couple of times relying on other people to source tyres, I now do like Foxy and order the tyres myself, then get them fitted for about £20. In my experience you can usually find the tyres cheaper online anyway, and get them within a day or two, if not next day.

I've used The Visor Shop before, got really good prices, and delivered next working day, even though they are in Northern Ireland

Yep, plus one for the Visor Shop, I have sourced race tyres from them this year and they were cheapest by some way too!

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Is the Pilot Road 2 still in production - Michelin no longer list it? I'd want to be assured it wasn't unduly old stock.

Check out Demon Tweeks tyres packages for your bike. Pirelli Angel GT at £194 a pair.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Is the Pilot Road 2 still in production - Michelin no longer list it? I'd want to be assured it wasn't unduly old stock.

Check out Demon Tweeks tyres packages for your bike. Pirelli Angel GT at £194 a pair.

You know what that is a very good point and worth checking..🦆

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
You know what that is a very good point and worth checking..🦆
When you were talking to me about getting Pilot 5's.
I suggested saving a few quid & looking at Pilot 4's or possibly 3's.
The reason I didn't mention 2's is because they are likely to be very old stock.

The industry "standard" seems to be that any tyre produced upto 5yrs ago & correctly stored since production. Can be sold as a new tyre.
Any new Michelin Pilot Road 2 has got to be really pushing that 5yr limit Duck.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
When you were talking to me about getting Pilot 5's.
I suggested saving a few quid & looking at Pilot 4's or possibly 3's.
The reason I didn't mention 2's is because they are likely to be very old stock.

The industry "standard" seems to be that any tyre produced upto 5yrs ago & correctly stored since production. Can be sold as a new tyre.
Any new Michelin Pilot Road 2 has got to be really pushing that 5yr limit Duck.
Apparently Michelin still make all models of the Pilot Road tyres. Just you typically pay more for the latest tech versions. This is not my deep knowledge, I just asked the guy who fits all my bike tyres and that was his response. I'd still check the code on the sidewall though.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Apparently Michelin still make all models of the Pilot Road tyres.
That's interesting mate.
In that case, Duck could potentially save a good few quid by going for an older version?
At one point the Road 2's were the dogs bits. The Road 5's may be better, but how much better? 🤔
It isn't like our road surfaces have dramatically altered since Road 2's were the go-to bike tyre.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
That's interesting mate.
In that case, Duck could potentially save a good few quid by going for an older version?
At one point the Road 2's were the dogs bits. The Road 5's may be better, but how much better? 🤔
It isn't like our road surfaces have dramatically altered since Road 2's were the go-to bike tyre.
The deterioration in our roads would suggest a switch from Pilots to Panakees!

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went out for a ride around the villages, and couldn't resist a picture of this lovely tree.

IMG_20220502_121049777_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220502_121104053.jpg

Then a little later I overtook a couple of vehicles one being an unmarked police car :oops: I spotted it in my mirrors some way off with blue lights flashing trying to catch up with me, then as it got closer the light went off and it followed me for a couple of miles, until I turned off right. I don't think and hope that I wasn't too naughty 😟